“Couldn't be better!”

Beechwood B and B
Ranked #3 of 39 Lewes B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 September 2013

With a Saturday family wedding at Isfield coming up in August, my wife booked three of Beechwood's rooms for the night before and the night afterwards. We weren't quite sure what to expect, but were delighted by the high standards that Carol and Ceri have achieved.
My wife and I had the Sapphire room, which is not ensuite. No problem, as the excellent shower room was only a few paces away. All of the rooms were clean and comfortable, and any requirement seemed to have been anticipated.
Our breakfasts were well-cooked and very tasty, and my daughter's severe mushroom allergy was taken extremely seriously - not always the case I regret.
On the morning of the wedding, while my wife went off for a walk, I was able to bask in the sun in the beautiful garden. A nice relaxing start to the big day.
Transport to get us back from the wedding after midnight worked perfectly, as did another cab next day, enabling us to collect the car we had left there overnight.
A great family occasion, made even better by Beechwood.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank richard67gilpin

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is no ordinary B&B- the décor is simply beautiful as I had seen previously when researching the B&B on their website. We stayed in the Emerald room, which was spacious, very clean, and the en-suite facilities were of high standard. It included a corner shower and a bath. I have to comment on the towels! They were so luxurious and of high quality. Again the décor of the whole room made it a relaxing experience. The grounds were well maintained and beautiful to the eye. Carol and Ceri were the perfect hosts- they went out of their way to make us feel welcome and nothing was to much trouble for them. The choice of breakfast was excellent. My partner and I will certainly be organising another visit in the near future. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betsan D
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very friendly and relaxed. Wonderful, yummy breakfast. Beautiful garden and house. I am disabled and they both bent over backwards to help me. They even buttered my toast at breakfast. They were really lovely. Lucy

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had arranged a special Birthday/Christmas treat for my Opera loving wife - tickets to Glyndebourne. This B&B was recommended on the Glyndebourne website. It truly lives up to its 5* rating. Carol and Ceri are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Carol handled the transfers to and from the Opera, including Picnic Chairs and Tables and all the food and drink that goes with a traditional Glyndebourne Picnic. There was a wide selection of breakfasts on offer and I found the Full English very tasty and satisfying. Beechwood is ideally situated for touring this delightful part of the country with numerous National Trust properties and other attractions to see. If you fancy a quiet relaxing break then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeaLegsBarnstaple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were attending the 3 day "Love Supreme" Soul & Jazz festival in Glynde with friends and needed a to find a local place to stay. Trip advisor identified Beechwood as an ideal local B&B close to the venue and the feedback it had been given meant that we booked it straight away.
Well we have just finished our stay there and we have to thank Carol & Ceri for their fabulous hospitality.
Their home is indeed 5 Star and so is the service. Breakfast choice is first class which is cooked and presented perfectly.
We stayed in the "Emerald" room which has a large bathroom and shower en-suite with all the comforts you could possibly ask for.

This is no ordinary B&B and Carol & Ceri both make you very welcome. If you are in this part of the country and need a place to stay then I can highly recommend "Beechwood" to you and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter O
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Carol and Cere were excellent hosts and the hotel was spotless. You would not want for a better breakfast, ask my wife who had smoked salmon (with a hint of chilli) and scrambled eggs. My daughter (aged 13) also stayed with us and found the whole experience very memorable due to the time and effort the hosts put in. If in that part of the world again I will look no further than the Beechwood B and B.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the Main road although it did not create a problem for us - it was the Eme...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mikeeg56
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We travelled with our 1 year old daughter and stayed for one night. We would have loved to stay longer. The rooms and bathroom are so beautiful and luxurious and every single detail has been carefully thought out. It is very much like staying with friends even though you've never met them before! Breakfast was lovely and is served in the bright conservatory with lots of choice. Our daughter loved the dogs, the huge garden, the trampoline and the masses of attention.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Horsted Place
#1 of 1 in Halland
Buxted Park Hotel
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Uckfield

Been to Beechwood B and B? Share your experiences!