“Awesome ” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Rainbow Inn
Ranked #94 of 111 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awesome ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

As somebody who likes great food and if found doesn't mind paying that little bit more I can honestly say.
Great staff!

Lewes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Was passing by and decided to pop in with my husband and kids. We ordered the kids roasts and 2 adult beef roasts. The food was absolutely great! The meat was so tender and all the trimmings were excellent. We will be back very soon for another roast when we are around this area!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank H1304
“Great Sunday Afternoon! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I were passing by Lewes and thought we would grab a spot of lunch, but somewhere slightly out of Lewes in the country. So it was decided I would take my husband and kids to the Rainbow Inn.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly waitresses and bar staff and shown to our seats in this beautiful secret garden.

The kids ordered the children's fish and chips, my husband order the Roast Beef and for myself I ordered the Pork Belly. Absolutely delicious! The food was so tasty and the service was great. Will definitely be coming back here along with my friends and other family members! Definitely worth a visit!

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I revisited this pub as had been here before for lunch (which was lovely) however tonight dined with some friends.1. No atmosphere2. Pretty much empty on a hot Sat evening.3. Food ordinary in fact bland. Only x1 veg option as the other main option was 'off'...this was early in the evening 7.30pm! Puddings were 'shop bought' presentation poor, one option was 'off' ...small menu yet some options not there! Wine VERY expensive £27 for a bottle of Malbec...4. Staff .....well pretty disinterested,started off attentive then we had to find the waiter to pay for the bill! I don't think the manager or head chef were in tonight,certainly didn't feel as if anyone was 'in charge' ....will not be returning!

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Helen H
UK
“Empty on a Saturday night.....!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Bar area is very small - which would have been OK had there not been a child running around it all the time. (Sorry I don't like children in bar areas). Despite being a Saturday evening the place was empty except for us, another couple in the restaurant and 2 people at the bar. The waitresses were very nice and friendly and the food was OK. Probably won't be going again

• Visited May 2014