“I love Tilton House :)”
Review of Tilton House

Tilton House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewes
Tilton House
Ranked #28 of 39 Lewes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have had the priviledge of facilitating four yoga and wellbeing weekends at the wonderful Tilton House in East Sussex. It is a space ideally suited to help the participants of my events unwind and reconnect with themselves and with nature. From the beautiful house to the tranquil grounds and setting, Shaun, Polly and their team have created a space that is both welcoming and nurturing. Of all the spaces I have worked in, Tilton under Shaun’s and Polly’ careful and thoughtful management is one of the few where I am confident to show up with my clients knowing that everything else has been taken care of. All I need to do is run my event – the rooms, the environment, the delicious food created by their amazing chef John and just about everything else can be left in the more the capable hands of the Tilton team :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MTX65

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I have been to Tilton house twice now on yoga weekends and love it. The food is delicious - Masterchef style vegetarian, (although I believe they can get a non-vegetarian guest chef in for your party). The owners are very friendly and interesting and can guide you as to where is good to visit or walk. The walk over Firle beacon is stunning and just on the doorstep. We had our yoga in the large yurt in the grounds, which has a cosy woodburner.

The house and grounds are beautiful and the decor inside the house is very stylish and full of character. I agree that there is a shortage of bathrooms and that this is the only problem with the house at present. When I spoke to the owner, he said that there are plans afoot to address tthe bathroom issue shortly. So soon it will be perfect in every way.

This would be a great place to hire the whole house for a special occasion weekend away, as you have all the benefit of not having to cook your own meals, coupled with being able to make your own cup of tea etc in the guest kitchen and relax in the cosy lounge and conservatory.

I have given a 4 star rating, but when the extra bathrooms are put in, I would definitely then give it a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandie M
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We rented the full "Annex" for a family i.e. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and living-room/kitchen (self catering) in an independent part of the house. Nice decoration, with some unique references to the history of the house. Beautiful and quiet area. Access to a part of the garden. Well received and good advices for visits.
Some details are perfectible in respect with the price (more crockery, place for hanging towels, bathroom more suitable for bath than shower, and the like). The location would benefit from more information and pictures published on-line.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Tilton house is a B&B which is used for yoga retreats. The house is in the most wonderful location with superb views over the south downs. It is a great place to walk and explore the beautiful villages and surrounding area. We were disappointed with our accommodation because we had a room in the annexe with a shared bathroom down a flight of stairs. Others in our party had to share a bathroom awith six people - not expected for the price per night. Our room was clean,small with twin beds,cotton linen and no facilities . Bathroom clean and modern with no plug for a bath. The lounge is also in the annexe which had a lovely log fire but unfortunately very uncomfortable furniture.We enjoyed our weekend because we met some wonderful people in such a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main house with its own bathroom.