“Breakfast Perfection!”

Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Lewes
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique cafe/bistro in the heart of Lewes. Serving restaurant food, for bistro prices, in a cafe atmosphere. Known by some as Lewes' best kept secret we serve fresh, homemade and locally sourced ingredients 7 days a week. We are now also open on Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings - come see our new evening menu! Including a set menu - 2 courses 12.95/3 courses 15.95
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went into Le Magasin and was greeted by a warm friendly welcome, I ordered the Eggs Royale which is a favourite of mine and it completely exceeded my expectations! The eggs were perfectly cooked, the hollandaise sauce was incredible and the service was second to none! I also tried a slice of beautiful orange cake and their homemade salted caramel ice cream which was delicious! If your in the area (or even if your not) take the time to travel and eat and this beautiful cafe, I can garuntee you will walk away with a smile on your face!

2  Thank Louised1989

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Popped in for a coffee and a sandwich, friendly welcome and prompt service with a smile, moules were lovely, mrs's goats cheese toasted sarnie served with salad was well received. Fist capuchino not as hot hot as I liked them but my second when asked for hotter was a delight. Will definitely pop in herd again if in lewes
WTch out for the freshly baked bread and goodies a true delight

1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Sea Bass with Samphire in Butter was truly delicious and restored my tarnished faith in restaurant meals. My fellow diner felt the same. The Eton Mess to follow was taken to a new level with crystallised rose petals and just the right balance of strawberries, cream and meringue. And two glasses of chilled Viognier were a perfect accompaniment. May have to visit more often...

1  Thank Guy F
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night. The best meal I've had in a restaurant for a very long time. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. A new favourite.

2  Thank BimBamBom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were passing through Lewes on our way home to Essex and were tempted in by the specials menu. My husband had the fixed price menu for about £15. The Thai mussels were plump and flavoursome. The seabass with sauce Vierge and samphire was fabulous, especially the vierge sauce. Warm,orange chocolate brownie with ice cream and fruit coulis was also very good. I had the Thai crab and haddock fishcake with pak choi, coriander and honeyed cashews salad. The fish cake was good although it would have been better split into two. The salad was a great combination of flavours. Service was friendly and efficient. It's a shame we live some distance away.