“Black Carrots”

81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Black Carrots”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I went with my sister to have a look around, there's lots of parking so no worries there. The store has wonderful food. It's not cheap, but it's wonderful quality and for a treat we brought home some venison and red wine sausages, pork, sage and onion sausages, steak and stilton pie, cheese, caramalized red onion and tomato pie and a cheese stick - YUM to the n'th degree!

There is also a building opposite where you can sample all kinds of cider and perry (like cidar but made from pears). They also had some pretty tasty Sloe Gin that the lady let me try. Mmmm mmmm good!

For families with young children they also have an area with chickens, ducks, lambs etc and you can go in and wander around for an additional price.

If you happen to be driving along the A27 and have a little time on your hands, it's worth stopping and having a look around.

1 Thank Janice L

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun for the grandkids”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Middle farm is reasonably priced £4 per person over 3yrs. Our two grandsons aged 5 had a great time. They weren't too interested in the animals, but loved the hay barn, play areas and the tractor. The restaurant was good, if a little expensive, and it took a long time for two tuna sandwiches to be made - they were very good when they did arrive though.

Brighton
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Excellent Cafe, Amazing Farm Shop”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I keep forgetting what a great place this is. Whether you're coming with the kids to see the animals on the farm or coming just to shop for amazing produce in the Farm Shop or cider in the well stocked cider shop or plants or presents in the gift shop.....the possibilities are endless and it is excellent value for money for an afternoon out. We only stopped for coffee and ended up here for hours! Great cakes in the tea room and a nice outside seating area. The tearoom is lovely in winter when they have the log burner on.
It would be almost impossible to leave the farm shop without buying something delicious. They have just about everything.
When I move a little closer later in the year it will be my go to food shop for delicious tasty treats!

Lewes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great farm and animals”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The open farm is great for families, we went again today and had a fantastic time. The milking is very good and there are lots of different animals and activities. The play barn is a lot of fun for the kids and meet the animals is also very good. The cafe is perfectly OK and the farm shop has some excellent local produce.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Insanely Rude Man in Cider Shop”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We had a similar experience as others here with a very strange long-haired manager in the cider shop. My wife and I (both pensioners) were visiting the area and attracted to the Farm by its website invitation to come and sample many different ciders. We wanted to buy some to take home with us, and my wife was sampling some to find a couple she liked. She only filled half a thimble of several different ciders. I tried only 2, as I was driving.
I couldn't help but notice the man behind the counter, scowling at the customers trying the cider. I smiled at him a couple of times, but he only returned a cold stare.
My wife had finally narrowed her choice to 2 ciders, so we approached the counter. Instead of being asked what we wished to purchase, we were told quite aggressively to leave the premises and never to return. I enquired what the problem was, and was told that we had abused some sort of system.
Words cannot describe how ridiculous this suggestion was, as my wife had only tried half a thimble of maybe 5 ciders, and I had sampled hardly any.
This man spoke to us in such a way that I was worried that he might swing for us - he was very threatening.
He needn't worry - we won't be returning or suggest that anyone else should visit either.
Ignore what the website says. You are obviously not welcome to sample before you buy. Encounter this man at your own risk.

6 Thank GisborneUK