“A wonderful stay”

Orchard Bed and Breakfast In Lewes
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewes
Orchard Bed and Breakfast In Lewes
Ranked #13 of 39 Lewes B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for two nights in mid August (last weekend), and we are really glad we did.
My key criteria for a B&B are, clean with a comfy bed and curtains that are thick enough that I can sleep in in the morning. Oh and of course a decent breakfast - Orchard was spot on, on all counts. Our room was huge, with an ensuite bathroom, lovely and light. Breakfast was delicious, relaxed, and delivered to our room and check out on the Sunday was a generous midday.

St Anne's Crescent is about a 10 minute walk from the high street, and has a car park which is free on Sunday, and a couple of quid on Saturday making it the perfect base for getting to Glyndebourne, and exploring Lewes.

I looked at a number of B&B's in Lewes before settling on Orchard and I'm really glad I did, we will defiantly be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Two rooms booked, together with a deposit, some weeks ago. When we arrived at 17.15 no one came to let us in,eventually another guest came to the door and told us "they were not in". When we returned at 20.15 and knocked and knocked at the door, no one answered. It appears very much like a double booking and the owners way of solving the situation was not to be available. They do not deserve to be in business. Avoid.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dickydog
craboohlala, Owner at Orchard Bed and Breakfast In Lewes, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
The reviewer is quite correct and we did make a mistake. We offered to compensate by offering one night's free accommodation , but this was turned down ( we can understand why ).

He had booked well in advance - and I was mortified when I found out particularly with this guest who I had been in conversation with several times before the booking.

Our booking system is usually robust but on this occasion was not effective and the booking was duplicated.

Sorry and should you want to visit Lewes again our offer of a free night remains open.
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed at Orchard B&B for two nights during the Gentlemen of the Road festival in Lewes. The room we stayed in was very spacious and tidy, with shabby chic like design. The bedroom has an attached bathroom which has a massive shower and claw foot bath, which unfortunately we didn't get time to use.

The highlight of the stay was the impressively large breakfasts that we could eat in the room, cooking our own toast on croissants in/on the toaster in a relaxed fashion.

The B&B is in walking distance from the town centre, which had a few pubs that we popped into on the way.

Rick ensured we has an excellent stay and gave us a lot of information about where to go in Lewes (and where to find quiet pubs in amongst the thousands of festival goers!).

I would definitely recommend this place to any family/friends, and will be looking to go to Lewes again at some point in the future for a short trip away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent 3 nights here and had a lovely stay. Room was large with large bathroom and very clean. Very friendly and helpful hosts who was new to the B &B game so the only reason they don't get full marks is because there is still some fine tuning such as providing clean towels, a bit better breakfast and make sure the room is tidied every day (empty waste paper baskets etc). For £90 a night we had expected this. But on the whole it was great and can be recommended. We will be back next year for Love Supreme Festival

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks for this review, just one point we contest - which is the comment about the towels - which may seem to some users like the towels were not washed from the beginning - whereas I think you mean that you expected the towels to be washed and replaced during the stay (3 days).

Regards Rick and Jo
Durham
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Orchard B&B and can fully recommend it. Rick and Jo gave me a lot of interesting information about Lewes, which was very helpful as I was house-hunting in the area. The room is quite large and offers enough space for a small family.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was lucky enough to spend bonfire night at Orchard B&B. Wow the atmosphere and beer was amazing. There is no place like lewes if you are fed up with authorities of one kind or another telling you how to live your life! It has a revolutionary background (Thomas Payne, one of the authors of the American Declaration of Independence, lived, drank and debated his beliefs here, he was one of the original human rights champions and it was great to follow his footsteps around this historic town.) on top of all this; the b&B is extremely comfortable and the hosts Jo and Rik were the friendliest most positive folk I've come across in quite a while. Loved watching a movie in the bath, great idea to pop a screen in there Rik! I sincerely hope to comeback and work on that beerbelly again in the near future!

• Stayed November 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My brother and I stayed at this B & B last weekend and had a fantastic time!! We came to Lewes for some mountain biking on the South Downs Way and a meal (The Lime Tree Kitchen - Fantastic!!) . Rick and Jo made us feel very comfortable and at home straight away. The breakfast set us up for a 22 + mile off road ride from Lewes to Eastbourne on the Sunday. I would thoroughly recomend a stay at the Orchard and will be back myself!! Thank you Rick and Jo for a lovely stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family