“Fantastic atmosphere and great food”

Webbe's at the Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Webbe's at the Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 108 Restaurants in Rye
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: If arriving by train - we are a short walk from Rye train station. If arriving by Bus, the main stop is near the railway station also, again short walking distance from us.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I'm not sure why this restaurant isn't ranked No 1 in Rye - it was certainly the best place we visited by far during a recent stay in the town.
It has a lovely, relaxed bistro-style atmosphere, the quality of the fish dishes is excellent and the service is lovely.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sue C

London, United Kingdom
“Good but not a showstopper”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A meal that got a lot better as it went along. Don't bother with the cockles to start, ours contained sand. Starters of bouillabaisse and the fishboard were ok: a genteelly measured bouillabaisse with mini croutons, lacking in character, and the fish board was a nice assembly, no more. Things got a lot better with the mains: squeaky fresh Dover sole and plaice, beautifully cooked, fantastic courgette batons. And the summer pudding was outstanding, as was the lemon assiette. Have to say, unlike some reviewers, our service was excellent throughout, price very reasonable and would go back again if in Rye.

• Visited August 2014
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Food splatters on the wall”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here quite some time ago when it was very good, on our last visit we were sitting at a table next to the wooden panelling, I noticed that there were food stains and splattering on the wood, were people had been grappling with seafood I think, really off putting, if I noticed that, why can't the staff??, the place has gone downhill...

• Visited March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, service needs to improve”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I visited Webbe's for our anniversary. The food was very good - I had boullabaisse for a starter and lobster for mains; both were delicious and good value. The restaurant would have benefitted from some outdoor space - we went on a hot day and it was a little claustrophobic - but we didn't look this information up before our visit so only have ourselves to blame! Regrettably, the service was, at best, adequate and the female maitre d' was particularly surly. Given the number of reviews to this affect one would have hoped that service had improved by now…

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sussex-on-holiday
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Equally disappointed - mainly with the poor service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was really looking forward to a good night out and excellent food having read the rave reviews. Instead I felt I was made to feel guilty about not having any wine or dessert. I was almost interrogated by the waitress who was very unfriendly and she flounced off when I said we wouldn't have wine and almost started arguing about my reasoning for not drinking any alcohol. When we didn't have dessert either I thought we were going to be frogmarched out. I just didn't feel we were made to feel in any way welcome, the two ladies who served our table were very sullen and when I asked for recommendations I was given a blank look. All in all not what I expected or hoped for so felt cheated. The main course I had was very plain and lacking the substance I had hoped for

• Visited July 2014