On arrival the pub was closed, but we were greeted by Shirley, landlady very warm and friendly who directed us to our chalet around the back of the pub. First impressions are of an American motel set up, six chalets in a row huge car park. The chalets were very dated but clean and actually for a sixty quid a night deal with breakfast included for both of us was a great deal especially in rye, you get what you pay for, if you want posh and hotel inspector stuff go elsewhere, a great deal for the price, service great, landlady comes out in the mornings and greets you, thats service! Food good, a lovely old pub situated in a great place. Like any other business in this day and age it is a struggle and it's possible there is no cash in the pot to renovate the charming chalets, but pontins is worse and 300 pound more, i am happy with my stay here and the basics were good enough I would have gone elsewhere if I wanted more but as it was I spent my cash on my holiday not rooms that you would sleep in only! These people are lovely warm and friendly the service they provide for a small amount of cash is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head Inn has undergone extensive refurbishment ready for re opening early 2014. We have 5 luxurious modern individually designed en suite cottages each with private entrance, tea & coffee making facilities, TV, and free Wifi, plus 5 beautiful en suite rooms with the same level of quality as the cottages but with the added bonus of staying in the 300 year old Coaching Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Kings Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top o` The Hill Hotel Rye
- The Kings Head Rye, East Sussex