“A Rye Smile”

Price range: US$5 - US$16
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We didnt plan on eating here today, it just sort of happened, sometimes the good things in life just do.
What a smashing bit of luck, a really nice place, well furnished fantastic ethics in terms of the food they present, focus on authentic local produce organic where possible.
My beautiful wife chose a brie and cranberry tart which I am told was very very nice, Iwent for the home made red wine and steak pie, presented with peas and new potatoes very simple but wow I have never eaten such a pure well constructed pie in my life (if you've seen me you will know I eat pie).
Stuffed full of steak with no room to spare, fabulous light pastry deep rich flavour.
Topped off with some rather nice organic cider, and a smile.
Smashed it.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited Hayden's as a result of trip advisor reviews. We tried the scones and cake. They were ok but nothing special as was the service. To be honest we were a little disappointed . It may have just been an off day but we did not feel it was anything special. Having said that, it was pleasant and we sat out on the small terrace at the rear

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Haydens - your pancakes are out of this world!! Absolutely fantastic!!
I thought I was back in America.
Tasted just the buttermilk ones in the states - I would even say they were better!
Your restaurant is delightful and food on offer looked great - the aromas coming from the kitchen were mouth wateringly tempting to stay and have more.
One of the best coffee shop have been to. Great coffee too.
Well done to all the staff!
I highly recommend Hayden's for snack and lunch.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Towards the end of the High Street, this is an excellent coffee shop well worth a visit. You can sit outside or inside as you wish. Good coffee and snacks.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Fantastic choice for breakfast and very nicely cooked. Have been several times and love sitting out on the terrace over looking Romney Marsh. Looking forward to having lunch one day and even staying over night.