“Small park, nice staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rye
Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Ranked #4 of 6 Speciality Lodging in Rye
“Small park, nice staff”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a caravan on the park as a last minute deal. For what I paid, staying here was great value for money. All the staff were welcoming and helpful. The caravan was basic (But I did book the cheapest available) but was quite clean and had everything we needed. And I have to say the duvets and pillows were very comfortable and warm. The local area was nice but we travelled to Hastings a few times which was only about 30mins away. Overall I'm happy I decided to visit Rye Harbour. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank LaurenWood2
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for a lovely review. At Rye Harbour, the whole team take pride in our customer service levels and I am glad to hear these were present for your stay. This year we have vastly improved the quality of our duvets & pillows to provide a more comfortable sleeping experience for all of our guests so it's great to hear the new bedding is taking effect! We hope to welcome you back to Rye Harbour in the near future. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had originally booked a 3 night stay and decided to extend to a week.On arrival Peter and Jackie were so warm and helpful and nothing was to much bother for them.Our home for the week was a silver +caravan which was spotless and had everything you could need,we had booked to include linen which was crisp and white, very impressed.
The second night was very cold as there was no heat in the bedrooms oooh how i wish we had bought our fan heater.I spoke to one of the great maintenance guys Stephen who gave us his own heater from his accommodation for the week what a total star really beyond the call of duty.
We visited the small pool a couple of times which my girls loved,there is also a hot tub and sauna by the pool so an added bonus.
We spent days in Rye,Hastings, and Camber,and went on the nature trail next to the holiday park
and my daughter was given some binoculars by one of the residents to use which she loved.
At the end of the trail was a beach with less than a dozen people on it. Returned feeling a lot more chilled, a bargain break with amazing staff.

Many thanks Peter and the gang…..

Room Tip: Book at least Silver grade caravan.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for a fantistic review, Peter, Jackie & the team work really hard to delivery the best in service & standards, it certainly looks the case for you, i have passed your thanks to Stephen for going the extra mile to ensure you were well looked after. really glad you were able to get out and about to enjoy what Rye Harbour can offer and dont tell to many people about the beach, we'll keep it a secret as not to become to over crowded. Hope to see you soon and thank you again
Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We booked this holiday through the Mail promotion.
We were given a basic caravan which I have to say was very clean, no damp and very cosy. The kids loved their room.
The utensils etc provided were really good and they had included toilet roll which was an added bonus!
The bedding etc were really clean.
The park is very small. There is only one place to eat and where they have the evening entertainment. However this was better for our young children. They were able to get involved with the games every evening and won prizes every night they were there. They loved Loopy rabbit. We have been to many Havens over the years where there are hundreds of children and they do not get the same treatment. The entertainment guy was really good and the kids loved it.
The food was reasonably priced and was actually very nice.
We didn't use the swimming pool as one of our children had a very bad cold but it did look rather small.
There was no noise in the evenings.
Rye is a lovely place to visit and the walks from the park were great.
If you are looking for loads to do with the children then look somewhere else. If however you are looking for a more personal park this would be perfect for you.
We would look to go again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle H
At Rye Harbour we always strive to deliver the best guest experience we possibly can and I am glad we were able to achieve that aim with your stay. You have hit the nail on the head with your comments at the end. Rye Harbour is an ideal place for families to relax & explore away from the hussle and bustle of everyday life. Remember if you book your next holiday with us at Rye within 7 days of your departure we can offer you a great discount!!! Thank you for great comments :-)
kent
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have been here three weeks.Immaculately clean accommodation "like new" warm and fully equipped. Well maintained grounds, but it does get a tad muddy so top tip bring your wellies. Great location on Rye nature reserve, wonderful walks, scenery, cows, sheep, lambs, Camber Castle all smashing. Nice Clubhouse, fish and chips on light bite menu only £3.50, staff all very friendly.
BUT THE NOISE!....dogs barking, kids screaming-kicking balls against our wall, looking through our window, people shouting outside two/three am in the morning, motorbikes, cars with thumping stereos hacking up and down the road, there is no security gate so anyone can come in?
Unbelievable noise levels, seagulls, Other peoples televisions-so loud!, Clubhouse Disco at weekends thumping away, why so loud?
We booked pet free accommodation , but that only relates to you, we had the kennel club around us, bark, bark, bark.
No net curtains so overlooked by everyone and everything?
A week to change a light bulb, Our radiator to be fixed on our departure, come on guys we've been here three weeks!!!
And this is out of season...
Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank buckingvox
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very pleased that you found your accommodation very clean and very well equipped, and as a team we always take pride in the service we provide our guests so I will have great pleasure in passing your comments on to my team. Having spoken to Pete, our Holiday Sales Manager about your issues, I can only apologise that you may have been slightly mis-informed about our park by Hoseasons, regarding pets and children. We are a family holiday park and allow pets all year round in selected holiday homes. Even though we have been out of the main season, the park as been virtually fully booked since we opened due to the popularity of the park and the area so we have welcomed more people to the park than we normally would at this time of year. We try to police any excessive noise as best we can but as I'm sure you'll understand, people visit our park to get away from the everyday grind and are here to enjoy themselves. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to Rye Harbour in the future.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Myself and my daughter stayed there on the 24 march 2014 , from mon till Friday.. Caravan was lovely, entertainment a must see, food was delicious and staff were very friendly, Jamie behind the bar served us and cooked our food.. Was delicious he made us very welcome, as did all the staff.. The park is lovely, worth the money and we're mist definately going again.. Highly recommended.. Thank you to all.

Trish and Chelsea cook

• Stayed March 2014
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
How nice to hear about your great experience here at Rye Harbour. its always nice to hear that the team gave you that little bit of a extra special treatment. We endevour to WOW all of our guests with service and standards throughout the park and it seems we delivered. Thank you and hopefully we will see you soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed on short break Fri-Mon, booked 2 caravans one for myself and Daughter, the other for my son, grandson and future daughter in law. Booked by phone so I could request caravans near each other, received conformation letter with pay by date on it, I phoned two days before last pay date, and was told the booking had been cancelled because I had not paid on time! Had to explain several times that the letter in front of me stated the final pay date which was in two days time, eventually she accepted it and re booked the caravans. Booked silver 2 bedroom caravans because had our dogs too and have to say they were the smallest 2 bed caravans ive ever stayed in ( have had caravans holidays for over 20 years) the main double bedroom was very small hardly any wardrobe space, no draws and about 8 inches around the bed, which made making the bed extremely difficult. The sheets provided were clean but was the actual length of the bed so could not tuck sheets in. Caravan was otherwise clean apart from the blinds in the toilet and kitchen which obviously had not been cleaned since last season! The car parking was not great, the grass around the caravans was water logged (no ones fault) but the workman drove around the site on a golf like buggy therefore the wet grass was being churned up which meant we were constantly walking in mud and treading in the caravans with 4 dogs was not great! Very disappointed with the pool, which was extremely small and ran on a pre booked wrist band system, completely understand why it had to be like this, due to its size, but should be advertised before booking, you had to book and collect band at 9am for a one hour slot during the day, therefore affecting the day trips out. Pool was clean and had life guard in place, changing room was far to small, not enough chairs/benches, cold and showers useless. Shop was inside the reception area so was only open when reception was. Bar/club area was small would imagine in season would not be big enough, ordered a ice cream sundae which after 50 minutes I asked where it was, it then arrived nothing like the advertised sundae, very cheap ice cream with ice crystals in also had to ask for a spoon to eat it with! bar man although appeared very nice had no idea of the products he was serving I asked for a liqueur coffee (as advertised) and he actually asked me what it was, so at £4.50 I decided to stick with a black filter coffee and not take the risk! I have to say though that ALL the staff I had any connection with was very friendly and helpful. Would I go again, probably not, If you do decide to go I would say get the biggest and best quality caravan you can afford. If bad weather be prepared to be very muddy, nice area in nice weather, fantastic walks direct from the camp. Because of the size of the camp and its facilities I would imagine in peak season it would be chaos, and by the way in the bar area there's a lovely beach/sea scene picture which has actually been hung upside down :) The play area contains no equipment for toddlers. Was also very disappointed to find out that if I had booked the holiday a few weeks later my dogs would have gone for free saving me £100 I contacts bookings office when I found out and as told there as nothing they could do and basically it was my fault for booking early?and then found out that newspaper offer holidaymakers paid a substantial amount less than me! Possibly an expensive lesson learnt

Room Tip: Get the best quality and biggest caravan you can afford.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Levadas
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I can only apologise for the issues you experienced when you phoned to pay your balance. I will speak to our holiday hotline team regarding the issues to ensure they do not happen in the future. Please be assured that had your issues been brought to our attention during your stay, we would have endeavoured to get them sorted for you. In regards to the band system for the pool, we are currently finalising the best system to use which we in turn roll out to all of holidaymakers at the time of booking. We would rather make sure we have the correct system in place just in case we need to change. We don't want to cause any confusion. Our silver holiday homes are a standard size of 28ft x 10ft as is generally the norm for silver holiday homes. If it was more space you were looking for, I'd suggest booking a "plus" holiday home in the future. All "plus" holiday homes are 12ft and most will also be longer in length. Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback, we see all feedback as vital in helping us improve as a park and to provide the best holiday experience for all of our guests.
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Returned from a wkd break on Monday. I must say this is a lovely little park. We were greeted by friendly reception team and their check in itself was hassle free. We visited the complex on Saturday night and ate from the menu. The food was v good, service was good and toilets were spotless.
The entertainment was ok, and the club comfortable.

We have decided to return in the summer.
We'll done team rye harbour :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Rye Harbour Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
What a fantastic review. I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. Myself and my team, always work hard to ensure the best guest experience. I will pass on all of your lovely comments to my team and look forward to seeing you again in the summer.