“A B/B without pressure”

Castle Mill Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rye
Castle Mill Cottages
Ranked #30 of 40 Rye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A great quiet place to stay almost in the heart of Rye. The river is an added bonus on a summer's day to sit by with a book and a glass of wine.

Our room was ideal for our needs. Breakfast in the room is a great idea, but I would suggest croissants are not ideal eaten cold. Fruit, Yogurts, Juices, Ham and Cheese went down well.

Dan could not do enough for his guests, very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Only two rooms which are as good as each other, quiet location
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosemaryE280

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Wonderful place, clean, comfy everything you need for your stay. Beautiful riverside setting, ideal for lunches, dinner and sunset drinks.
Continental style breakfast and plenty of it.
Walking distance to town for shops, bars and some amazing restaurants,
Dan's the best hoist, making you feel soooo welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Me and my husband stayed there two nights. The room was very clean, warm, comfy and even stylish. Breakfast was also good and the room service just excellent. We had a really nice relaxing time at Castle Mill. There's a nice river next to the cottage and you have access to the bank, there's a small table where you can sit and it's covered so you can have a glass of wine there even if the weather is not perfect.

Room Tip: One room comes with a shower the other one with bath tube both of them are very nice.
1  Thank Sky246
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had an amazing weekend in Rye and at Castle Mill. The b&b is 5 mins walk from the centre and right next to the river with a very peaceful and idillic location. The owner is amazingly friendly, he picked up us from the train station and the evening 8pm check in wasn't a problem. Rooms are comfy, clean and big-sized and the breakfast is fresh. The newly renovated rooms are the best price for quality in Rye.

How Dan the owner handled us, it was almost toooo friendly, he did everything he can to make our weekend perfect and joyful, from the cleaning of the rooms to the new restaurant tips. :) We definitely recommend his b&b to our friends and everyone else. Best value in Rye.

1  Thank PeterBenei
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Where to begin in praising this absolute gem of a place and its fabulous host?

I needed to find a room for just one night in Rye and although there are many B&B’s to be found despite numerous ‘phone calls I was unable to secure anything due to them all refusing a one night stay. As the owner of a B&B myself know that ‘one nighters’ are less favourable, and thought that it being mid October I might be lucky, but despite several places having a room available would not take my booking.

Luckily I found the lovely Dan at his wonderful Castle Mill B&B. From the moment I contacted him by phone to the ‘safe journey’ text he sent as we journeyed home he could not have been more helpful.

We had the mocha room with a stunning view to the castle, it is of a good size, nicely appointed, spotlessly clean, comfy bed with fabulous duvet, and it was very warm and cosy. Loads of tea and coffee, TV, hairdryer, fridge (ideal for wine chilling!) plus a table and chairs. Due to leaving very early we booked room only, but there was cereals, muffins, biscuits, preserves and bottled water in the room, the comments in the guest book all raved about breakfast so shame we missed it. A lovely bathroom with gorgeous shower, toiletries and snugly bathrobes. Dan really has put a lot of thought into the rooms and I cannot think of anything else he could provide! There is also lots of parking and you have keys to come and go as you wish.

As already stated Dan could not have been more attentative, from taking our booking, to suggesting places to eat, arranging collection of the keys, he was spot on. The purpose of our journey was to collect a boat and he even helped us find somewhere to park our car and the loaded trailer overnight so we could make an early departure. His customer service was exemplary.

We returned around 4pm which is almost ‘wine o’clock time’ for us, but due to having to move the boat at 6pm had to settle for a cuppa instead. We wandered into the garden and found the most delightful riverside setting imaginable, a seating area and pontoon which you were able to use. The setting was absolutely idyllic and we spent a wonderful hour just sitting watching the ducks and swans in perfect peace. This would be a perfect place for a glass or two of wine, but sadly not to be for us! Many guests had written comments about this area including how much they had enjoyed the sun loungers on the river bank and eating their evening meals there, it sounded wonderful.

We have not visited Rye for 25 years and don’t know if we ever will again, but if we are ever in the area we will certainly return to Castle Mill. I cannot recommend this place highly enough and so many many thanks to Dan for making our stay so wonderful.

1  Thank scareyCornwall
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I recently had to find somewhere to stay in rye due to an old school friends wedding that I was invited to attend. Unable to book into my first choice hotel as they were fully booked I was told that I could try the nearby B&B and given the number. The man I spoke to who I later found out to be the owner was sooooo helpful not only did he personally pick us up from the station but also drove around the town pointing out places of interest, what to do and where to eat as well as giving us some local background. When we arrived at castle mill my husband and I were overjoyed by the fabulous setting right on the river, lovely gardens and a huge pontoon. The room was also fantastic, fully equipment with everything you need along with gorgeous decor. We had an absolutely lovely time the room was clean, the breakfast was great, the bed comfy and the owner an absolute gent. My only downside if I had to choose one was that there was no wifi or sky tv in the room. Overall great value

• Stayed: July 2012