All reviews the pub mussels full english eggs benedict comfy bed log fire sunday lunch mermaid street lovely room camber sands bees dog toiletries cider ales character pubs
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Myself, my partner & 2 friends spent 2 nights here this week for a little break away.
Very good location in Rye just by the harbour area. The pub & rooms have recently been refurbished & the rooms are very comfortable & clean. The bed was wonderful & had 2 great nights sleep. The pub is large & has many tables for dining but also enough for drinkers to just sit & have a drink without feeling they are taking space away from diners.
Reasonable prices for drinks in this area. We did not eat at the pub so cannot comment on food but we did have breakfast both mornings & the quality of this was excellent. Very pleasant & friendly staff.
My only "gripe" was with the fancy tea/coffee machine in the room. Not easy to operate & took a while to make a hot drink each morning. A kettle in the room would be much better & easier for guests. Overall a good place to stay & I would go back if staying in Rye again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Went on a 2 day break with my best friend Dexter aka my doggy pal, and found the hooted and bar area brilliant for myself as well as my little puppy would definitely recommend to anyone with dogs. Great location and loads to do at the doorstep of the inn. Thank you for having us

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bogusdays
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for more Wonderful,friendly and attentive staff and the food was just beautiful!!! Stunning presentation and steak cooked to perfection!Our little doggy was also made to feel so welcome!Just Wonderful!Thank You :0)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here 2 nights in a row a few years ago because it was so good. Should have checked to see if it had changed hands. It had. The food was poor to mediocre. A tomato 'crumble' was 6 half cooked cherry tomatoes with a meagre spoonful of goats cheese crumbled on top. Fisherman's pie had uncooked slices of potato on top. Carrots and unidentifiable green leaves tasted of bleach and were gritty - inedible. Lamb was chewy. Cheeseboard uninspiring. Only the sticky toffee pudding and pea soup were very good.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaMilkcarton
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here. The service was good, large portions of everything and good value for money. I had mussels to start, then haddock and chips. All were good, not fine dining, but tasty and worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends