All reviews the pub fish finger sandwich eggs benedict comfy bed full english log fire stayed for one night lovely room camber sands theo bees dog toiletries cider ales character pubs
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a weekend break in Rye and would ideally like to give the hotel 3.5 out of 5 but unfortunately that isn’t an option.
Positives are;
- the pub/hotel is in a great location in the middle of Rye.
- The breakfast was really nice
- All of the staff were very friendly.
- the beds are super comfy

Negatives - the rooms are so hot!!! I know we’re in the middle of a heat wave but I think they need to invest in air con because it makes it really difficult to sleep and relax. We moved rooms because our initial room was next to the kitchen so renowned for being hot. They nicely moved into a superior room however this was still very warm.
The rooms are also pretty small. I don’t know if it is always pricey or if we picked an expensive wkend but for the money I was disappointed.
The bedroom also wasn’t cleaned at all, someone asked if we wanted fresh towels but no one came in to freshen it up or make the bed which I thought was a little weird?
Had it been £100 cheaper I probably wouldn’t have been as fussy but it was expensive so did have quite high expectations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018

What a shame. Have stayed many, many times previously. Some of the improvements to bathroom were needed, admittedly, but the look now is 'corporate' with much of the character stripped away....style over substance. No 'hello' no 'welcome' just an immediate demand for payment up front. Will not be back unfortunately

Room Tip: choose a room higher up - pub can get noisy with people outside. Corner rooms larger
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

It’s no wonder so many pubs are closing down. £9 for a large glass of NZ Sav, you’re having a laugh. £11 for a single G&T and a pint of Wheat Beer. Rye isn’t London but is probably trying to be. What Rye really needs is a Wetherspoons where good ale is fairly priced.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Timbo3765
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous tasteful lunch, I had tapas and the 3 foods I had were Dressed Crab & mango, mussels & squid with homemade tartare, absolutely lovely. The draught cider was lovely . Staff all happy , smiley & helpful. Definately worth a visit

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janwine
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Myself, my partner & 2 friends spent 2 nights here this week for a little break away.
Very good location in Rye just by the harbour area. The pub & rooms have recently been refurbished & the rooms are very comfortable & clean. The bed was wonderful & had 2 great nights sleep. The pub is large & has many tables for dining but also enough for drinkers to just sit & have a drink without feeling they are taking space away from diners.
Reasonable prices for drinks in this area. We did not eat at the pub so cannot comment on food but we did have breakfast both mornings & the quality of this was excellent. Very pleasant & friendly staff.
My only "gripe" was with the fancy tea/coffee machine in the room. Not easy to operate & took a while to make a hot drink each morning. A kettle in the room would be much better & easier for guests. Overall a good place to stay & I would go back if staying in Rye again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends