“The Golden Galleon. Cuckmere”
Review of Golden Galleon - CLOSED

Golden Galleon
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The perfect spot to relax after a day exploring the Cuckmere valley and South Downs. With a lovely beer-garden and spacious interior, The Golden Galleon is always busy. An excellent food menu, a good range of beer and wines, plus plenty of parking make this "the place" to head for when in the area. In the winter, roaring log fires keep everybody snug and warm. In the summer, plenty of outside seating in the beer garden. Stunning views over the Cuckmere Valley and South Downs complete the experience.

Date of visit: March 2012
1  Thank Tony C

Reviewed 29 May 2012

A nice friendly pub that welcomes dogs, recently renovated and the food was much better than expected. I found the staff friendly and efficient but can get busy at holiday times.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Enjoyed my visit here they have an interesting menu, well presented food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My boyfriend and I went here on a very sunny and hot May day. We chose this pub as the view toward the Seven Sisters and over the estuary is great. The seating outside however does not allow you to view the estuary as there are ornamental grasses etc growing in your line of vision.
However, we stayed and went inside to order. The waitress started to take my order then shouted at another member of staff, abandoned me for a while then came back. "Two ceasar salads please"
Waitress replies, "We're all out of ceasar salads"... I thought this strange seeing as it was only an hour into lunch service and I wasn't aware that there was a shortage of lettuce in Sussex...
So we ordered the falafel wrap instead. This was dry and boring when it arrived and I wish now that we'd just bought a picnic and sat on the hillside instead. Service was abysmal, food was naff. McDonalds is tastier. If it wasn't for the view this place would have gone out of business ages ago.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We living in Darlington but my husband comes from Seaford so when we visied the area on 17th may 2012 we had to pop in for lunch we always eat there , the food is wonderful the service has always been brillant it is a very friendly place ans the view is wonderful
the steak pie is great lots of meat not to much pasty .