“Great food”

Pomegranate
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freshly prepared, from high quality ingredients by professional and friendly team. This place is a treasure for the town
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Another lovely lunch. Check out the specials board - the dishes are always excellent. Friendly service.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Seaford is a lovely place, and when we happened upon this place, we almost didn't go in because there was no charm about the place. Doesn't look like much from the outside. The façade, rather than 'done down', appears 'half done'..... The menu board outside does nothing to entice you in, nor does it tell you about the outstanding quality of food they serve. However, as soon as you open the main door, you are met with smiles, great décor, the place is spotless and they have very helpful staff. I ordered the crab chilli pasta and really, was just expecting café food, but was so pleasantly surprised when it turned up. Apart from huge portions, my dish was full of crab (real crab) and was exquisite. I don't believe I have eaten better anywhere else. I have been to other 'Pasta Restaurants', but this little café, knocks them all into cocked hats. Price is reasonable and what's more, the kitchen is completely open so you could stand and watch while your meal is being cooked if you so wished - but no need....we will definitely go back again and we cannot wait.

1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Having eaten in Pomegranate since they opened I can safely say that this is head and shoulders above the other cafes in Seaford. We are very lucky, locally, to have an excellent choice of day time eateries but Pomegranate out shines them all. The quirky shape of the venue hits you first and they have made excellent use of the space. The open kitchen at the end is fabulous and despite being the only chef and continually busy, Sava always has time to stop and chat. Steve front of house and MC does a wonderful job and again you are made to feel so welcome. They have a lovely team working there, smiles and enthusiasm what more can you ask for. Nothing is too much trouble and the tables are always spotlessly clean.
I have tried every cake here and the choice and originality are faultless. Bara Brith is my favourite.
Top marks to Sava and Steve

2  Thank puffsussex
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Just had a late lunch again (about the sixth time) at the wonderful Pomegranate in Seaford. I elected for the pork, leek and feta keftedes from the specials board and was delighted to be reminded of past summer holidays in Greece. They were superb, accompanied by tzatziki and rocket leaves. My partner chose the smoked mackerel salad, also from the specials board and said that it too was excellent, having a fantastic mix of fresh ingredients and horseradish relish.
There is also a regular menu for breakfasts, light bites and sandwiches, the sandwiches coming with a choice of fantastic fresh breads.
Having had the savoury mains we were then spoilt for choice with the mouth-watering cakes and pastries on offer. I had the Lebanese orange and rose cheesecake, which was sublime. My partner's chocolate brownie was one of the finest, bar none. Our tasty treats were also accompanied by a very good coffee.
The wonderful character of the place is created by the use of quirky furniture, some from old churches, as well as the décor on the walls. It is also the kind of place where people don't mind sharing a table if places are limited at busy times and where those sharing fall into conversation about the wonderful café.

1  Thank HoneybunSouthEast
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I love pomegranate I regularly visit with my husband and most weeks take a different friend! I am a wheat allergy sufferer and they always have a wide range of delicious gluten free cakes and bread the staff are always so friendly and the decor is lovely.

1  Thank sweetcherrypie88