“Delicious Lunch”
Review of Front Room

Front Room
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Front Room Cafe is the Winner of Sussex Cafe of the Year 2014. Front Room is a family owned and run Coffee House and Tapas Restaurant located on the High Street in the Heart of Seaford's Old Town. The Front Room is the only Cafe in Seaford that is open 7 days a week 9am to 5pm serving Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Sunday Lunch. The Front Room is open every Friday and Saturday night for Tapas. The building dates back to 1896 and once upon a time Front Room would have been just that. This has formed the basis of our hospitality philosophy. We hope that you feel as relaxed here as you would in your own front room.
Middle England
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Searching Trip Advisor for coffee and lunch recommendations on our first trip Seaford led us to the Front Room. We received excellent service and delicious lunch-I had the special which was a leek and cheese tart, and my husband enjoyed his large platter of local delicacies. Coffee was excellent and the tea-cosies on other tables really made me smile.
I recommend this establishment and hope to return on our next trip

Visited April 15th 2014

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jessica-R-53

Seaford, United Kingdom
“Forget the negative reviews. From regular Sussex cafe goer”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am a uk wide cafe goer and I am looking out for good coffee and good cafe

I think the two things that set front room apart from a lot of other cafe are.....the coffee and the staff
It's great to know you can walk in half an hour before closing and the staff are NOT already half out the door on a we are closing attitude binge

The atmosphere is very welcoming ...I suppose like a front room lounge. Glad seaford finally has a cafe that allows me not to have to travel to brighton or lewes to have my coffee and cake

The evening tapas is also very good

Mike

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike B
Lewes, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful welcome for some very wet cyclists”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were very heartily welcomed in, a group of ten rather wet and bedraggled cyclists, for our coffee stop.
This is a place to really appreciate very good coffee at its best together with some delicious cake.
Everyone commented on the high standard of the coffee and cake. Several people said they would make a special trip to come here again, perhaps to try their tapas one evening.
So a great relief for me organizing the trip and the sun the sun even came out when we left, who could ask for more?

• Visited May 2014
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Tapas on Friday Evening”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Four of us booked for the regular Tapas Evening on a Friday. Wonderful choice of dishes, all at reasonable prices. We had eight dishes to share between the 4 of us which was just right. Really good food, will be back !

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BobWrinkly
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Suits the clientele”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went here for breakfast with a friend and my son last year. It was her choice and I wasn't even aware of the place beforehand but found it a reasonable experience.

The food was probably a little expensive considering I basically had beans on toast - it wasn't your regular beans on toast, more a 'posh' version using (I think) cannellini beans and a homemade tomato sauce. If I'm honest, I found it quite bland .

The ladies working in there were friendly and attentive and were great with my son.

I wouldn't go back on my own just because it's not exactly my kind of cafe but I can appreciate that it would be popular in a town like seaford and they do a particular style well to suit many of the local residents.

• Visited September 2013