“great healthy lunch”

Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Front Room Cafe is the Winner of Sussex Cafe of the Year 2014. Front Room is a family owned and run Coffee House and Tapas Restaurant located on the High Street in the Heart of Seaford's Old Town. The Front Room is the only Cafe in Seaford that is open 7 days a week 9am to 5pm serving Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Sunday Lunch. The Front Room is open every Friday and Saturday night for Tapas. The building dates back to 1896 and once upon a time Front Room would have been just that. This has formed the basis of our hospitality philosophy. We hope that you feel as relaxed here as you would in your own front room.
Seaford
“great healthy lunch”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

was pleasantly surprised by the new menu (well, I had not been for a while, so I don't know how new that was) and really enjoyed lunch with my family

3 Thank Lau66

Seaford, United Kingdom
“Not a warm welcome for our 6 year old.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My two daughters invited me to afternoon tea at the Front Room in Seaford. To make it a truly 'girlie' day my 6 year old grandaughter came too. My daughter had reserved a table for four and we duly arrived at 3pm as booked.
We ordered 3 set cream teas and asked for a glass of milk and possibly a sandwich for my grandaughter, who would not have appreciated a full cream tea. I was so shocked when I heard the member of staff lecturing my daughter how she had booked a table for four and they rely on those numbers to know how many they need to cater for for the day and by only ordering three set teas it would put their numbers out. I couldn't believe it. Does that mean they only prepare sandwiches and cakes for those people who have booked in advance? What about people who walk in off the street? By her reckoning there should be nothing available for those who hadn't booked. It was our first visit to the Front Room, based purely on the positive comments we had heard from others, but it will certainly be my last. If you cannot be made welcome by a service industry then I must assume they have a long waiting list of customers and don't need repeat business.
A young man served our tea and cakes etc., and did return to ask if everything was OK, but my grandaughter finished her milk some time later and we had hoped to replenish her glass, but no-one checked if we needed anything else. We had OK sandwiches, rather weak tea, excellent scones with very nice clotted cream, but not worth a 2nd visit I'm afraid. There are many other tea shops who may be disappointed that 3 out of four customers order their set tea, but do not make a point of telling the customer how inconvenient that is.

3 Thank Sharon P
Brighton
“Lovely place to relax”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We love the Front Room, it has such a lovely vibe. We are often there for a coffee (amazing), salad, cake and even a cheeky glass of prosecco!! All are fab and always served with a smile.
We will definitely be back , happy to be regular customers.

3 Thank BrightonSparky
Seaford, United Kingdom
“excellent all round eating out experience”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I came for tapas night and were really impressed. The food was of very high quality preparation, traditional Spanish dishes, excellent flavours, beautifully presented, and decent size servings, good value for money. We were greedy and had 6 tapas between two, followed by desert, and this was perfect. The wine list is also very enticing, and the wines we selected were high quality and dangerously more ish, again well priced. For those who like a desert wine, this was heavenly. The atmosphere was fun and easy going, with everyone joining in singing for a birthday celebration. Really importantly, we were very well looked after, including cushions to support my bad back. We are used to eating in high quality restaurants where the owners and chefs are proud of their food sourcing, and passionate about food, abroad and in England, and the Front Room is on our list of favourite eating and drinking experiences.

2 Thank Kate H
Middle England
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Searching Trip Advisor for coffee and lunch recommendations on our first trip Seaford led us to the Front Room. We received excellent service and delicious lunch-I had the special which was a leek and cheese tart, and my husband enjoyed his large platter of local delicacies. Coffee was excellent and the tea-cosies on other tables really made me smile.
I recommend this establishment and hope to return on our next trip

Visited April 15th 2014