“Best cake in beautiful location”

Frankie's Beach Cafe
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Seaford
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
East Sussex, England
“Best cake in beautiful location”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you are having a walk along the seafront this is a must place to stop and have tea and cake. The last time I visited we had done a long walk and stopped for tea and cake. We got two very comfy deckchairs with no one infront of us except the lovely sea view. The lady helped bring the food over and the vicotria sponge is the best I have had for a long time and I like my cake. This cake is always very very fresh which is a nice change from shops that give you dry cake. Whenever there is a sunny day I say to my Husband about walking there. Just a shame when the weather is bad and there isn't anyway to be able to enjoy this.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RH1-7
Dominic S, Owner at Frankie's Beach Cafe, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi thanks for your lovely comments, I will pass them on to my staff and the ladies who make my cakes for me and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Great location”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We were taking a family walk and stopped for tea and icecream. Nice comfy deck chairs and friendly staff. Would love to come back and sample food. Very good choice of hot drinks. Prices on the high end of reasonable.

Dominic S, Owner at Frankie's Beach Cafe, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi thanks for your lovely review and all your positive comments. I am glad you enjoyed your time on the beach and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Always has time for a word”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I just hope he doesn't lose business because of it! A lovely fella, with great service in a great position. Well done Frankie, keep it up!

1 Thank SouthCoastRichie
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Never go by here without buying an ice cream! And the cakes and hot drinks and toasties are great too. Is a staple of Seaford beach and love the black board updates daily as well ;)

Visited August 2013
Bishopstone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not open all year round”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stopped at the beach hut one or twice this summer and loved it. I walked into Seaford from Bishopstone on what was quite a nice sunny day (for winter that is) and found that it was closed. I feel that as this place is only one of two cafe's on the seafront and it should be open all year around.

My review and rating are only about the winter and lack of opening times. During the spring and summer months this place cannot be faulted and is 5 stars every day of the week.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 295marks11
Dominic S, Owner at Frankie's Beach Cafe, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hi
I am sorry that I wasn't open when you came by and also for this tardy response, I have only just registered properly on Trip Advisor to write responses. Firstly thanks for the nice comments and secondly my apologies again for not being open when you passed by, I am open at the weekends during the winter and from the school half term in February I will be open as much as possible and back to 7 days by Easter. Of course everything that I have just said is dependent on the weather.
See you soon.