“New Management new menu”
Review of The Seven Sisters

The Seven Sisters
Ranked #39 of 61 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Visited the pub after the previous landlord retired. Beer still well kept; new menu and was impressed with the prawn and sausage sandwiches. Keep it up!

1  Thank Roy N
There are newer reviews for The Seven Sisters

Reviewed 28 May 2012

One of Britains best costal walks with easy access. Suitable even
for older senior walkers.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

the view is wonderful no matter where you park the car you get amazing view

Reviewed 12 May 2012

After driving to the recommended Sussex Ox only to find them fully booked and not really knowing the area, we continued to drive until we happened across Seven Sisters. Since we were getting really hungry, we decided to go in. On first impressions from the outside, I thought the pub was going to be a bit 'rough' but actually it wasn't at all. Inside was a friendly welcome by the barmaid who took our drinks order and explained the food ordering system. The menu is mainly off a specials board, so not a huge range but the choices were nice and all quite tempting. We all decided to order the roast beef - it was Sunday after all. We were seated in the dining area, which was cosy and comfortable, quite old fashioned in the way it was decorated and the clientele was mostly of the older generation, shall we say.
When the food arrived, it was brought out one plate at a time (there were four of us), which seemed a bit strange but we think it was because they didn't want the food sitting on a hotplate coagulating whilst the other meals were being plated, so we really didnt mind.
The food was piping hot, the potatoes were 'proper' roasties and the Yorkshire puddings were good homemade ones, not the frozen rubbish some places serve. The vegetables were fresh and not at all overcooked or mushy, which can also be quite common!
Only two tiny tiny grumbles - when my dinner was brought out, I ended up with a Yorkshire pudding on my lap! Fortunately no gravy stains on my trousers and the waitress offered me another Yorkie straight away. Secondly, we had dessert and my apple crumble was a very poor portion and had no apple in it! Wish I had ordered the treacle sponge pudding, which looked really nice.
I wouldn't rave about this place but as Sunday roasts go, it wasn't at all bad, the staff were friendly and the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We eat here when we are celebrating a birthday. Normally a large group of people which they cope with well. We all live local and visit separately as and when.

Food is average yet the reviews, all recent all great, here reflect something else. All lamb shanks fall off the bone when they are cooked in an industrial unit and vacuum packed for later warming in water. To use them as a reference is pretty naive if not misleading. A cynic may say they are looking to sell up and got their mates to review.

There are some 'home' cooked foods such as the fish and pie specials and they are sufficient. The veggies are fresh and tasty. I've also had the gammon which lasted longer on the plate than it did in my stomach as it was very very salty. That said we have always had a great evening due to location and company.

If you live nearby then great, if you need to travel then ask yourself why.