Stayed for one night and we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel especially for the price. Breakfast was busy, but perfectly acceptable, particularly as it was 'free'. The room was of a good standard and pretty clean, a little bit of dust here and there. We were on the first floor at the back and it was surprisingly quiet, bed was comfy and I slept well. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. A couple of negatives, the condition of the carpet in the upstairs corridor, some very dubious staining and a strong smell of disinfectant, fortunately the room was fine. I expect a new carpet would be a significant outlay, but it really does need doing, as it is quite off putting. And no whisky available on the bar at all, unless you count Jack Daniels, which we don't. Good place to stay for a night or two, but don't expect a five star experience and you will have to travel to get into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Colchester has 101 air-conditioned bedrooms all with wireless internet access, invigorating power shower and tea & coffee making facilities. Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast sets you up for a day exploring Colchester sights. Children under 18 stay free when sharing parents’ family room. This newly opened Colchester hotel is located just off A12 north off the Colchester Town Centre, with excellent links to Ipswich and Chelmsford. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Colchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Colchester Hotel Dedham
- Holiday Inn Express Colchester Dedham