My fiance and I stayed at Maison Talbooth after being recommended it for a relaxing weekend away.
The hotel is in beautiful countryside which is easy to get to from the A12. The views from our suite "Browning" were amazing, we would definitely recommend staying in a room at the front of the hotel with the views rather than the back of the hotel with a hot tub. Although we did get to look around some of the other suites and the Shakespeare suite was particurlaly impressive.
Everything about our stay was perfect from the treatments, the pool and pool house where we sat by the fire with a blanket and a glass of wine after using the hot tub. It was so lovely as we had the whole pool area to ourselves for the whole afternoon making it feel like we had our own private villa! The honesty bar is a nice touch as you just help yourself to as much wine/champagne and soft drinks/snacks as you like. There is nice music playing inside and outside the pool house too.
When we were ready for dinner we let the reception know and they took us straight away in a nice range rover to the restaurant Milsoms. We both had fillet steak which was absolutely amazing, my fiance said it was better than any steak you would get in Gaucho. The restaurant call the hotel to come and pick you up when you are finished and they arrive within a couple of minutes. This is such a great service to offer.
The rooms are furnished to a very high standard, the bed was so comfy and the bathrooms are very nice with nice big towels and a large bath and power shower.
Breakfast is really nice and you can either have it in your room or in the garden room which is lovely.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome.
I would highly recommend this hotel to couples looking to get away from busy city life as it is so easy to get to and has a very homely but at the same time luxury feel. We will definitely be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Maison Talbooth opened 40 years ago, it did so with a huge amount of publicity andit certainly had the WOW factor. At that time, there were very few quality hotels in the country, hardly any en–suite bathrooms and certainly no televisions in the rooms. We have since added 3 fabulous new bedrooms, the Garden Room restaurant, a swimming pool (open all year and heated to a sizzling 30 deg) with outside hot tub, pool house and tennis court.During your stay with us, be sure to book in for a relaxing massage, facial, manicure, or range of other treatments, in our Day Spa. A highlight of your stay will be lunch or dinner at Le Talbooth restaurant, a minute away by courtesy car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Maison Talbooth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Talbooth Dedham, Colchester
- Maison Talbooth Hotel Dedham