“Wonderful, magical elegance.”
Review of Maison Talbooth

Maison Talbooth
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I must admit that I had never heard of the hotel until my visit. It was booked as a surprise for my birthday by my husband. The hotel is set in the countryside of north essex not far from the A12. It's a large house which has been wonderfully converted into a luxurious and elegent hotel with the added extra of an outside pool which is heated to 85 in the winter and pool house as well as a spa with wonderful treatments. The hot stones massage is the best I have had and I have had them all over the world. The staff are attentive and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I just wish I could have stayed longer but hopefully next time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hudddles

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Took my family of five there for a 2 night stay in August. We opted for the dinner, bed and breakfast option, which was very good value and lots of fun. The hotel has 12 rooms and they all seem to be individually designed. Bedroom furniture is of a very high standard. Nice unique pieces. Breakfast is served in the hotel, but dinners are taken in Maison Talbooth's other properties in Dedham; Milsoms and Le Talbooth. On our first night we had an excellent family dinner in Milsoms, a cool and relaxing bar-restaurant. On our second night the hotel provided a registered nanny to babysit our three kids whilst the Mrs and I went for a night of fine dining at Le Talbooth. What was really cool was that the hotel provided a complimentary Range Rover to drive you to and from the restaurants. This made me and the family feel very special. Service across the hotel and restaurants was very, very good. One thing which really must be mentioned is the outdoor heated pool and buildings. Beautifully designed with high-quality poolside furniture, an honour bar and a lovely open fire which is lit in the afternoons. All of this is under 2 hours drive from central London in an exquisite village on the Essex-Suffolk border. Don't muck about - book this place. You'll be delighted.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonLush
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely pamper day, treatment was thoroughly relaxing. lunch was delicious and service throughout was exceptional. However both Milsoms and maison Talbooth look tired and very much in need of re decoration. Didn't spoil our day though

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and i have just got back from a wedding at this great place and i must say the staff are so friendly and very good at their job nothing was any trouble for them. We never stayed but friends stayed and thay said it was a outstanding place the rooms are out of this world. I will be returning for one of their afternoon teas. So it just leaves me to say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SEE YOU ALL SOON

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had my 50th birthday at Maison Talbooth - and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We had this small but beautifully put together hotel on exclusive hire for 2 nights. The first night as we gathered the hotel prepared a winter bar-b-q for us in the pool area. The weather was kind, the pool was beautifully warm and we had a great time. On Saturday an external events company provided activities for all of my guests and Maison was the perfect back-drop to our games! The culmination of the celebration was dinner on Saturday night and once again the Maison team were perfect in every way. The food was superb, the staff simply wonderful and a great time was had by all – especially me! I had planned what I thought was a great birthday weekend, but the team at Maison made it perfect. Thank you all so much for such fabulous memories!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank quin-i-bog
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Myself & 3 friends have just had a Lazy Sunday package at this hotel to celebrate a 50th & 30th Birthday and we were certainly not disappointed. Rather than a Hotel this place feels like you are welcomed into someone's home. We arrived around 10am and as we could not have our rooms until 11am we were offered tea/coffee in the Lounge. We were advised we could make use of the Pool House facilities immediately so spent about 2 hours in the outside Heated Pool (lovely & warm in early Oct) & the Jacuzzi. We also had wine (chargeable) and free tea,coffee.

We had booked the afternoon Champaigne Tea and although it didn't look a huge tea it was actually quite filling. We then went off for our treatments which were lovely and actually lasted slightly longer than advised.

Our rooms were nothing short of fantastic. Huge bathrooms, large comfy beds with feather duvets and Bose music systems. We were on the 1st floor in rooms Shelley & Wordsworth. The Bathrooms were so clean they looked brand new and the complimentary toiletries were lovely.

Included in our package was an evening meal which was booked at Millson's Restaurant which is about a quarter of a mile up the road but this wasn't a problem as the Hotels Range Rover & Chauffer was on hand to take us there - he was fab opening doors for us and finding us a choice of tables once at the Restaurant. The 3 course meal was excellent.

After a very comfortable nights sleep in the lovely bed & bedding it was time for Breakfast and again we were amazed at the choice and the service provided.

The staff could not have been more helpful. For such a 'posh' hotel we found them to be friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Yes it is expensive but you get what you pay for and we feel we had excellent value for money and will be saving up for another visit there soon.

Room Tip: Saw several rooms on the ground and 1st floor (we had Shelley & Wordsworth) and they all look wo...