My partner and I met family for afternoon tea then stayed the night. The staff could have not been anymore helpful.
They took our bags to our room whilst we had tea and didn't hang around for a tip. Ordered us a paper for the morning placed quietly outside our door.
The restaurant wasn't open on the Sunday evening so they drove us down the road to their sister restaurant and brought us back free of charge, which was complete their suggestion.
The room was huge with complementary soft drinks and water. The bed was amazing with duck feather pillows and duvet. Although we didn't use the bath that looked lovely and huge too.
The next morning on check out they provided us with a piece if fruit and bottles of water as they knew we had a long drive home.
Our stat wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination but it was definitely worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breath-taking position overlooking the Dedham Vale, this superb Victorian country house hotel offers a unique getaway. Maison Talbooth, part of the Milsom Hotels and Restaurants is the perfect to step back, relax and indulge at any time of year. The hotel as twelve bedrooms which are carefully furnished with many individual touches, super comfy king size beds and complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar. Many rooms have far reaching views over the Vale. The pool house with outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and log burning fire under a covered stoop offers pure relaxation all year round. Heated to a delicious 85˚all year round enabling guests to enjoy swimming even in the depths of winter! To complete the picture a tennis court is set on high ground with amazing views over the valley. Guests can pamper themselves in the Treatment Rooms; the hotel’s day spa offers a variety of treatments for mind, body and soul. Dining at Le Talbooth, a minute away be courtesy car is the highlight of a stay in Dedham. In an enviable situation beside the river Stour, the restaurant offers great food, wine and service with the added bonus of dining outside on the terrace during the summer under a huge architectural sail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maison Talbooth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Talbooth Dedham, Colchester
- Maison Talbooth Hotel Dedham