This is a lovely luxurious small boutique hotel and our stay from beginning to end was perfect. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by extremely helpful and happy staff until we departed, nothing was too much trouble. We had lovely hot sunny weather and so were able to make full use of the swimming pool and pool house. Our room, Keats, (more of a suite really) was huge. It had the biggest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the quality of the bedding was divine. The bathroom was amazing, a huge shower with lovely strong jets, and a sunken bath. It was total luxury. Our deal included a meal in Milsoms, just down the road, and we were taken there (and later collected) by a member of staff in the hotels Range Rover. Before retiring to bed we were asked if there was anything else they could do for us and then bid good night. Breakfast the next morning was top quality. Again we were greeted warmly. There is plenty of choice, from the cereals, fresh fruits and pastries to the many and varied options of a cooked breakfast. The quality of the produce was excellent and the bacon particularly tasty. It may be a little expensive but it is really worth it for a special occasion. I must again reiterate the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, they really do this lovely place justice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breath-taking position overlooking the Dedham Vale, this superb Victorian country house hotel offers a unique getaway. Maison Talbooth, part of the Milsom Hotels and Restaurants is the perfect to step back, relax and indulge at any time of year. The hotel as twelve bedrooms which are carefully furnished with many individual touches, super comfy king size beds and complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar. Many rooms have far reaching views over the Vale. The pool house with outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and log burning fire under a covered stoop offers pure relaxation all year round. Heated to a delicious 85˚all year round enabling guests to enjoy swimming even in the depths of winter! To complete the picture a tennis court is set on high ground with amazing views over the valley. Guests can pamper themselves in the Treatment Rooms; the hotel’s day spa offers a variety of treatments for mind, body and soul. Dining at Le Talbooth, a minute away be courtesy car is the highlight of a stay in Dedham. In an enviable situation beside the river Stour, the restaurant offers great food, wine and service with the added bonus of dining outside on the terrace during the summer under a huge architectural sail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Maison Talbooth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Talbooth Dedham, Colchester
- Maison Talbooth Hotel Dedham