“Brilliant”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Price range: US$65 - US$110
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS POSTED. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPSONSE. Established 60 years ago, Le Talbooth has grown from a quiet tearoom into the award winning restaurant it is today.Fine dining at its best, in an enviable location beside The River Stour. Le Talbooth suits every occasion from intimate dinner for two to family celebrations or business functions.The 15th century building has three individual dining rooms. The River Room restaurant unfurls onto the impressive open air dining space which is covered by a striking architectural sail. This makes dining outside possible whatever the weather. The old Room, a smaller intimate room with inglenook fireplaces and rich decor and The Waevers Room on the first floor are ideal for private dining parties. Whichever you choose, Le Talbooth will ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Went there Wednesday evening, everything was faultless. Great food, lovely staff really nice place. Will be going there more often.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JohnWHU

England
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went for Sunday Lunch & I have not been for a while & the food & service was outstanding.

The set Sunday lunch has plenty to offer from roast beef to a beautiful cod dish.

The only thing was my daughter paid for y wife & myself & she did not notice that VAT was added to the bill - I did email them to find out why but never got a response.

My daughter said to leave it but I advise to check before going

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Davidjohn
Great Totham, United Kingdom
“Very Very Good”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at the sister hotel masion talbooth we where driven down the road in the comfort of the hotels own range rover to here for evening dinner.
Set on the side of the river in the most relaxing of settings we sat down for a journey of pure delight.
The staff are as good as it gets, friendly and highly professional. The food is of the highest standards. The Chateaubriand is the best I have ever had anywhere.
If you are after a high quality meal in relaxed surroundings, nothing stuffy about this place. Then this is the place to go. It's not cheap but you would not expect it to be. You get what you pay for here and some.

Visited July 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“First class”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited here for a meal one Saturday evening in April. We are only 23 and were quite worried about going inside as there was lots of older people pulling up with Range Rovers but too are surprise we were treated no differently by the members of staff which served us. We had a lot of looks from the other guests there which was a little uncomfortable but why should they ruin our night?

I had the veal carpaccio to start which was absolutely gorgeous, followed by the suffolk lamb which had my tastebuds exploding!

Fantastic meal.

My partner was driving so I had a half bottle of Fleurie which was exceptional in flavour.

The bill total was around £140 plus tip but we went as all out as our stomachs would allow us to!

I only hope I get to visit again as it was a truly wonderful evening and well worth the money.

London, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Le Talbooth”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We travelled from London for lunch at Le Talbooth Monday 23rd June 2014. 100% excellence. Every aspect of the this restaurant is superb. All the staff are at the top of their profession. The food and the service and is outstanding.We dined outside in the beautiful riverside setting, so relaxing and so refreshing for high expectations to be met on every level.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Le Talbooth? Share your experiences!