“Terrific”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Price range: US$68 - US$115
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS POSTED. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REPSONSE. Established 60 years ago, Le Talbooth has grown from a quiet tearoom into the award winning restaurant it is today.Fine dining at its best, in an enviable location beside The River Stour. Le Talbooth suits every occasion from intimate dinner for two to family celebrations or business functions.The 15th century building has three individual dining rooms. The River Room restaurant unfurls onto the impressive open air dining space which is covered by a striking architectural sail. This makes dining outside possible whatever the weather. The old Room, a smaller intimate room with inglenook fireplaces and rich decor and The Waevers Room on the first floor are ideal for private dining parties. Whichever you choose, Le Talbooth will ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went on Saturday and sat outside by the river - just magic. I'll tell you what I had - to begin was a chilled glass of Prosecco 00hhh. For starters I had the smoked salmon with avocado - wow I was practically scrapping the plate. For mains - I shared the Chateaubriand with my son - magnificent and the sauce béarnaise was just a perfect accompaniment. I had no room left for a dessert but some of the rest of our party felt they had room !! The waiting staff were extremely attentive and pleasant to share a small joke with. A wonderful treat. A definite place to go to and share an evening with someone special.

There are newer reviews for Le Talbooth

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Superb food and very we'll looked after. They beautifully handled our slightly stressed dog back at Maison Talbooth. The but is that from the back of the terrace the river might just as we'll not be there. The overgrown Bergonia hedge loses all engagement with the river and the bridge reflection. The second but is the noise - the neighbouring A12 can't be helped but the heavy base from the wedding party next door just spoils the ambience needlessly. Do they really need that extra income so much? But the main event, the food, was very good.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was invited to a seminar held at Le Talbooth which included lunch and I must say that the food was first class I could not fault the food or the service

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Oh dear, having been to Le Talbooth many, many times, our last visit was a huge disappointment. New, untrained staff, and no Will to bring some energy to the place.
If it was not for the delightful Eves ? (Sommelier) it would have been a complete disaster. Rakeesh has his work cut out to bring some of the refinement back that is surely lacking with Tim having moved on and what his No 2? is doing there I have no idea. Surly, non communicative, brooding!.
Please someone step back and take a hard look. We all come for the food but poorly trained, aloof staff can kill a restaurant overnight!

4  Thank MRLeonard
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We are very regular customers at Le Talbooth and are always well looked after with tip top service. There are some grumblings on here about the service - but for us we have no complaints. From what I can see everyone is on the receiving end of concerted efforts to provide a great dining experience. We tend to go often during the Summer as customers can eat outside overlooking the river. On a sunny day this is unbeatable - with a nice glass (or two) of Bollinger. Sunday lunch at £36 a head is great value for three courses. Its the only time I eat Beef (and my elderly mother for that matter) which is truly amazing. Portion size throughout, often an issues with restaurants, is very good indeed. On the few occasions I have been disappointed with a course (for example - the plate being cold and the food cool) - the offending plate is whisked away in an instance - and re-appears freshly prepared within a few minutes. Great place.

3  Thank Clive D