The Swan Hotel
US$107
Travelodge Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
Premier Inn Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$166
US$123
US$104
Agoda.com
Stratton House Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
1,007 results
All reviewstrout farmarlington rowbeautiful villagelovely hotelhot tubhuge bathroomfour posterbar menuwhopperwedding breakfastturn down servicepretty villageafternoon teamolton brown toiletriesthe cottagessunday lunchwine list
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My wife and I had a fantastic stay in this hotel. Everything about it was perfect - the setting, our room (Mandarin), the food and the service. It is one of the best hotel's we have stayed in and would definitely come back again. There was a very relaxed atmosphere in the hotel which made it have that home from home feel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Beautiful building in a beautiful village setting, ducks quacking make this a super choice of hotel. Good food and helpful staff.
Stayed three nights and was mostly very pleased with service and food. Breakfast was top notch, great choice and quality. Staff helpful.
Couldn't use my mobile, no signal and then the big shock, to use the hotel wi-fi the cost was £6.99 for 90 minutes. Total rip off.
One night dinner was not good in the bar, very slow because it was busy in the restaurant and my steak was tough. Otherwise all good. I liked the staff and the room was small but all was good quality, great bathroom too.
I loved the sound of the ducks quacking!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at the hotel for a mid week break that involved getting engaged! The staff were wonderfully attentive from the first phone call right through to our departure. The room we had was spotless, quiet and comfortable. The housekeeping staff were always on hand if needed and well spoken, polite and friendly. Reception team were wonderfully helpful with local information and the dinner was delicioius, far exceeding our expecations.

Bibury is a very small village, but that in itself is one of the main reasons to go there. To complain about small English villages says more about the other reviewers knowledge of the Cotswolds then anything else!

During our stay we had a wonderful walk to Coln St Aldwyn for lunch one day and also spent much time exploring the surrounding fields. We travelled for the entire trip by public transport and depsite being a little out of the way from main line train connections, we didn't have any problems at all. The local pub in the village is also great for a night in with a locally sourced menu and a great range of drinks.

After our wonderful stay we have had friends also visit the hotel on our reccomendation and have also found it to be a wonderful quiet retreat.

As a final word, I must thank the team at the Swan for the wonderful congratulations on our engagement card that was waiting in our room for us upon our return from dinner. This one simple act to me outlines the friendly attitude and warmth you can expect here!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I'm writing this review almost a year after staying at The Swan. I meant to write it ages ago, but the very fact its still annoying me means I now feel compelled to warn people not to stay here. I've stayed in lots of hotels since, both in the UK and abroad, and for half the price of the Swan with far superior accommodation and food. We paid about £275 for one night on a Saturday in November. We paid for a deluxe four poster room, only to be severely disappointed. The room was ok, but certainly not worth the money we were paying. The chandelier was help together with sellotape, broken taps in the bathroom, musty smelling sheets and just generally felt very tired. The biggest problem was the fact the there was a wedding at the hotel which ruined our stay. We were not warned of this prior to booking, and the party completely took over the whole bar so we could not enjoy a drink before dinner. Dinner itself was ok. My fiancee and i are real foodies......DO NOT EXPECT a gastronomic experience here. Its all show and no substance. Bibury is very pretty but can be seen in half a day. My advice, stay elsewhere (somewhere like Bourton-on-the-water - Chester House Hotel) and visit Bibury for a couple of hours. I complained upon check-out and the Swan did knock £90 off our total bill but it was still very over-priced and not worth it. Oh, and did I mention we ordered a turn down service which never happened, and the breakfast in bed was 20 mins late and missing items that we had ordered?! Rant over.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Fergusca
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Having married at The Swan we decided to have an anniversary celebration in Room 11 which is the premier room in the hotel. Upon arrival we found the staff extremely helpful and accommodating. We had a champagne and strawberry cream tea included in our package which was lovely. The 3 course dinner was exceptionally good and the waiting staff attentive throughout.
There was unfortunately one big downside to our stay – the cleanliness and serviceability of the bathroom (which had been recently highlighted by Clover51 here- I don’t know if they complained to the hotel management). This bathroom has a 2 person Jacuzzi bath and a double size shower. There were watermark stains on the bath from 2 of the nozzles. Nearly all the chrome rings around the nozzles were split. The nozzles were grubby. There were 2 huge cobwebs laden in dust over the shower cubicle. The water runoff in the shower cubicle door was filthy. One tile between the bath and the shelf at the end of the bathroom was broken with pieces missing. A chair in the corner of the room was so dusty that I was able to leave a clearly defined mark in the dust.
I spoke with the young lady duty manager and expressed my concerns at the state of the bathroom. She came and inspected the bathroom and readily agreed that it was well below standard, especially being the honeymoon suite. Having called upon the Head Housekeeper to join her she then found further faults with the bathroom - a broken and jagged tile in the bottom of the shower cubicle and chipped grubby paintwork below the shower door.) She decided that the handyman needed to be involved and the room closed for letting for 2 days whilst repairs and a thorough cleaning were carried out.
The complaint was handled very well and the cost of our stay was discounted to my satisfaction to make up for the disappointment.
I sincerely hope that some lessons have been learnt as it is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple