“Fantastic food - everything spot on.”

Rose Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic food - everything spot on.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a fantastic lunch here on a spur of the moment day trip. Didn't book, but there was space late in the lunch period, and both adult and child food was excellent. What stood out was that all of the accompaniments (salad, chips, mixed veg) where top notch as well as the mains... Good service, cosy interior (nothing special in the decor but all very pleasant... front of house room did look a lot more welcoming than back but sometimes good to get the kids out of the way!)

• Visited November 2013

stowmarket
“Good home cooked food”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very good home cooked food with lots of choice, generous portions nicely presented on hot plates, the lamb shank and cheese and spinach stuffed chicken were perfectly cooked. Nice atmosphere overlooking the river Windrush.

Visited November 2013
HALESOWEN
“Great place, great food ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to walk in and get a table here without booking or reading any previous reviews. The ambience was matched by the fantastic food and both myself and my fiancé enjoyed it very much. The restuarant has a very rustic feel and was a welcome retreat on a cold night. Top marks.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your money...”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I booked this restaurant after reading previous good reviews. What a disappointment. After being shown to our table the waitress wasted no time in asking for our order. We were served our starters within 10 minutes of sitting down and as soon as our plates were cleared our main course was presented. We didn't realize that this was a fast food restaurant! Our starters were OK but my main course was probably the worst lasagne I have ever tasted. It was totally dry and tasteless . I left 90% of this. At no time were we asked if our meals were OK. I informed the waiter when he came to clear the plates, and he said he would tell the chef. Again not once did anyone come to apologize. When we asked for the bill they did not charge for my main but the evening was ruined with the total lack of service

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kay L
Beijing, China
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Restaurants in places like Bourton can often rely on offering a mediocre product given the size of the locality, the lack of competition and the likelihood of one off tourists making up the most of their business.

So I arrived at the Rose Tree on a dark wet Monday night bracing myself for the worst, only to be very pleasantly surprised.

We ate quite late (by Bourton standards) around 8pm so most tables were finishing up and leaving but the interior was cosy enough to maintain an atmosphere despite being nearly empty. The menu was the usual confusion of gastro pub/local fayre/michelin star which seems to be de rigeur for UK restaurants nowadays.

I plumped for the steak and kidney pie with mash and received and absolutely HUGE portion. I enjoy my food but even I found it impossible to finish it all. Very tasty and good quality ingredients. Washed it down with a bottle of house white which seemed quite reasonably priced at around 15 pound.

The total bill for three of us was around 60 pound and we were all very well fed and watered. Service was nice and friendly and with it being quiet everything was done very quickly. Good Stuff!

• Visited October 2013