“Afternoon tea”

Mary's Rest Tearoom & Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small family-run business with the focus on serving fresh and tasty food. All our food is prepared to order. We offer quiches, homemade soups, fresh sandwiches, freshly baked baguettes, paninis, jacket potatoes. Our scones and many of our cakes are homemade. Please note that we are animal friendly and you may encounter dogs on the premises. We are closed on Monday's. We do not take debit/credit cards currently sorry.Over the next few months we will be adding more hot homemade dishes to our menu and we will also be changing the name of the tearoom to Mary's Rest all of which will be updated as and when the changes happen, please note the current website for The Danish tearoom is not up to date and some of the information is incorrect however the phone number is right so if you wish to check again details please call.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I have just visited this tea room now known as Mary,s rest at Bourton on the Water .
A great time was had and the food was first class, the owners and staff were excellent.
Thank you to our friends who provided us with the gift voucher, for this afternoon tea for our 50th anniversary.
Thanks to Jack Judith Bob and Gail.

1  Thank Anthony R
Jannie T, Owner at Mary's Rest Tearoom & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I really appreciate your lovely review, I am so glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us and we hope to see you again if you visit the area again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have just experienced a great afternoons tea thanks to a voucher gift from our son and partner. Booking the tea was easy and although we shared a table , our fellow eaters were good company. As some reviews have stated --sandwiches were made to order and obviously very fresh - carrot cake was fantastic and the scones were to die for . Wayne ( the owner I presume ) was great fun with his London accent and took care of us really well . I want to come back again when it is a bit cooler and have a better look around Bourton on Water

1  Thank 321Robert

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thank you so much for your great review, I am so glad you enjoyed your food and afternoon tea experience with us and I hope you call in again when you visit later in the year.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if the previous reviewers went to the same place. Slightly off the main road we sought it out due to rave reviews. Frankly it wasn't worth the effort.
Coffee 'out of a machine' that tasted like it, dodgy garden furniture and dated photos of Thailand (why not the glorious Cotswolds?). There were so many nice looking tea rooms by the river, I really wouldn't bother.

1  Thank ACameron2014
Jannie T, Owner at Mary's Rest Tearoom & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I must say upon first reading this review I did wonder if you were referring to our tearoom, because firstly I don't have any pictures of Thailand dated or otherwise in the tearoom, we have various pictures of different scenes & places, all of which were picked as they either matched the décor or I found them pleasing on the eye.. I do have a couple of canvass prints in the toilets that depict scenes of beaches, which may or may not be of Thailand ?? these were put there just to brighten up the toilets as it's not an area people spend that much time in !! and in fact I have a few people comment on how nice these pictures are, but everyone has their own opinion which is fine. I don't see the need to fill the tearoom with pictures of the Cotswold's as you are surrounded by the real thing. With regards to the coffee we serve, yes it is out of a coffee machine, the machine we have uses a high quality coffee bean and I have had numerous complements on the quality & good taste of our coffee, I am sorry if it wasn't to your taste but I can only go with the majority on this and most tearooms/coffee shops use these coffee machines to produce their coffee from !! With regards to your comment on our garden furniture, yes some of it is getting a bit old as we inherited it from the previous owner and we are in the process of renewing it, but I am not sure I would describe it as dodgy !
As I said previously, everyone has their own opinions but it is hard to please all the people all the time, I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to our tearoom.

Regards

Ruth & Wayne

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We visited for an afternoon tea with our 8 week old baby.
The food was superb and the atmosphere was so lovely.
Our baby was treated like a super star, he was given his own baby bouncer to sit in and was made to feel really welcome.
I will recommend the tearooms to all of our friends. We will definitely visit again

We really appreciate you taking the time out to write this lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed your food and time spend with us in our tearoom, it was good to read that you felt welcomed as it is important to us that our customers feel that way, it was good to meet you all, please do call in again.

Ruth & Wayne

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Yesterday was my second visit to what was formerly known as the Danish Tea Room and I wasn't disappointed. It is now a year since the present owner took over and I wanted to return to sample their afternoon tea once again, this time with my husband. We didn't go for the full Afternoon Tea for 2 at £20 but looking at the cake tiers coming out full of sandwiches, slices of cakes and scones with cream and jam, I wish we had done! Instead we just went for the cream tea, the scones baked freshly on the premises every day. Everything is so beautifully presented, tastes wonderful and the friendliness of the staff is second to none. Please make the extra effort of going just off the main street for your afternoon tea. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank LeonaR778

Thank you for your lovely review and your recommendation, we really appreciate your nice comments, I am glad you enjoyed my home made scones and that you found our staff friendly.

we hope to see you again soon.