“Rubbish all round.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Rubbish all round.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

These are the most disgusting Chips we have ever had, £3.50 for Cheesey Chips, £3.00 for large chips. They are only interested in you tourist's, not bothered about us local's, stay away. Next time it will be a takeaway Pizza from Chester House Hotel.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Diddle21

Upper Rissington
“Awful fish & chips.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I'd like start this review by saying I'm a local to Bourton on the water, I've been living there for many years. I went back to this chip shop today after avoiding the place for a while, I thought I'd give it another try. I wish I hadn't. The staff are ignorant and rude. The prices are too expensive, and the food is very poor. The chips I was served were old, hard and chewy. The mushy peas I was served were by far the most watery I've ever had, they were frankly more water than peas. And also, the wait on food was ridiculous, I was the only one in the shop and I still had to wait ten minutes for fish cake, chips, and mushy peas. All the locals moan about this place and I now I see why. Take your business elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Fading_Lights
London, United Kingdom
“Big potion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Whenever I visit Cotswold, I always buy my chips here, they give me big potion of chips and I eat it by the water.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Smeets P
Tadley, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

lovely fish & chips, good service. We decided to sit by the water and eat our out takeaway. lovely setting.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JKom2014
newent
“Rude, unhelpful and mean”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Avoid. Awful, awful service. A woman in front of me was refused a refund as she found a huge hair in her (mostly uneaten) chips .... Surely she had a legal right... I was served by an unsmiling woman who shovelled a meager portion into a tray and rudely dumped it on the counter. No offer of salt and vinegar... I was left to do that. When asking for serviettes (kept behind counter) I was given a single sheet. Asking for more, I was told 'no!' I stormed out in a huff. Visiting Bourton? Get you chips elsewhere!

3 Thank casperboo