“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Shaldon, United Kingdom
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but we were very impressed with this hotel.
Staff polite well turned out and we'll trained.
Room and bathroom very clean. With all you would expect coffee etc.
Breakfast excellent with plenty of choice and plenty of seating.
We'll placed for Central Cheltenham
Fast check in and out.
Parking near by.
We would use Holiday Inn Express again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
KimberleyHIEX, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. If we can be of any assistance when making any future bookings please do contact us on 01242 548 200 where a member of our team will be happy to help.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We booked to stay here through a Groupon offer so ended up paying only £35 for the night with breakfast which is an absolute bargain! On the advice of a previous reviewer we managed to find free parking a few minutes away from the hotel. You need to head left out of the hotel for the free parking. The receptionists were so friendly and helpful, some of the nicest I have ever met in a hotel. I met about 4 individuals and they were all as friendly as one another. You receive a number of discounts from the hotel in the brewery which is literally across the road where there are a number of well known restaurants. The location is great, only a few minutes walk from the town centre. The actual room was very basic, I'd say 3/5 but the service was 5/5 so overall I'd give this hotel 4/5.

1 Thank Keisha W
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our rooms did not live up to expectations. However it is brilliant to hear that the staff are appreciated for all their hard work and I will forward your comments to the team. Our location is of great importance to us, and I am pleased to hear that you managed to make use of the discounts we have with the local restaurants.

Please feel free to call our friendly team to arrange your next stay on 01242 548 200.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Did a 2 night post christmas break.

Hotel is very well situated and currently you get 25% off car parking in next door ncp car park. Just ask for ticket at hotel reception.

Rooms are basic but clean & tidy. Our room overlooked main road but we were not bothered by road noise.

Staff are friendly. Breakfast was pretty good. The hot buffet was hot & fresh. Only criticism on breakfast was the bread rolls appeared a bit stale.

Great hotel if you want basics.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. I am pleased to hear that you noticed the cleanliness of our rooms and that the traffic noise from the road did not disturb your stay. We take on board all of our guest feedback and I have passed your comments onto the breakfast team to ensure that we can continuously improve our breakfast offering to provide our guests with the best possible start for the day.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future. Please do contact us directly if we can be of any assistance.

Launceston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Wanted somewhere in centre of Cheltenham, close to my daughter's. We pre booked our room fir Christmas Day night and took advantage of the 21 day super saver rate, 35 pounds for a twin bedded room, for two people including breakfast! Yes that's both of us for 35 pounds. I couldn't fault it. The room was clean, the beds comfy, two types of pillows and tea / coffee making facilities. Breakfast was self service but all tastes catered for, continental, cereals, yogurts, croissants and pan au chocolats, juices, toast and hot drinks. Hotel areas were spotless! Staff around were pleasant and helpful, particularly Asian girl and Eastern European lad on Reception - thank you both.

Would definitely stay again as best value for money hotel we've stayed in.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your kind comments regarding your recent experience with us. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that their efforts are appreciated and that you had an enjoyable stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express again soon.

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I spent Christmas in Chletenham an stayed here Christmas Eve and Christmas night the staff were extremely helpful, very friendly and also helped me with directions.
The rooms were clean and the housekeeping service also very helpful have me extra coffee and towels when I requested them.
Breakfast was fine for me but I can understand why people are disappointed with the cooked breakfast option. I like coffee and cereal so no complaints from me here.
I also ordered off the express menu and the food was good and made quickly and I was able to eat this in my room.
The location is excellent for the shops and also only a short drive away from nicer Cotswold villages like bourton-on-the-water etc.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. It is great to hear that the team’s service and attention allowed you to fully enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel was a great central base for exploring Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and I am pleased to announce we now offer a great discount across the road with Frankie and Benny’s should our guests want a greater choice of cooked breakfast.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for one night this weekend. We chose the hotel for location, as we were going out with friends and didn't want to drive. The hotel staff that we interacted with were very professional and personable. The hotel was clean, the room was clean (although bottom 6 inches of shower curtain was covered in soap scum and limescale) but quite dated. The breakfast was absolutely fine.

The very worst thing about this stay was the bed. It was the worst bed we've ever slept (loose term) in. I would like to invite the manager and their spouse or partner to try that bed for a night and see if they, a) get a good night's sleep, and b) need an osteopath in the morning. There was a huge dip in the middle and the bed was made out of marshmallow trampoline material. If I or my partner moved, the other one would bounce around like they were on a trampoline. Two days later I am still suffering with a sore back and I didn't have one before.

But as we only paid £64 for the night it may prove the adage you get what you pay for?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Julie T,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you liked our convenient location as well as friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the sleeping accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

You know what your getting when you book this hotel. No gym or resturaunt, it is an express! Its position is perfect for a variety of cheep eateries, the cinema & gym, all directly across the road. The shops & excellent restaurants like the purslane are not far.They offer some fast food 24hrs in the hotel. The breakfast choice was adequate with fresh fruit also offered, although the coffee is not great. The hotel and room was well appointed, maintained & spotlessly clean, could have done with coffee & more sugar in the room but im sure the staff would have brought it if asked, as nothing was too much trouble for the friendly professional team here. The bed was fab, unfortunately we didnt sleep for the heat, which we later found we could have easily adjusted ourselves & the dreadful noise from air con unit outside. So look out of the window when allocated a room to check there is no machinery as the wonderful staff will move you. Thanks Lauren & Callum for your professionalism we will return but not to that room! Trac & Keith

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to notice the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff; I will pass on your kind words to our housekeeping and front desk team as they will be delighted to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues in your room during your stay. Please be assured, our maintenance engineers have been notified and are working to ensure the issues you have raised can be addressed.

Please feel free to ring our friendly team direct on 01242 548 200 before booking your next stay so that we can ensure a quiet room, allowing you to fully enjoy your stay with us.