“LUXURY HOTEL, FANTASTIC SERVICE, AND HOST WAS DELIGHTFUL”

Willoughby House Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #34 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My stay was lovely, i stayed for a romantic valentines weekend, and wish my weekend lasted a little longer!

Marcus the manager/host was absolutly lovely and only to happy to help with anything, he was very informative about the hotel and Cheltenham. The rooms were very clean, the food tasty and the service could not be faulted.

I enjoyed being in such luxury surroundings, i would say to anyone thinking about staying at the hotel, to do so as they will enjoy their stay very much and you will not be disssapointed. I really enjoyed being in a warm and friendly atmosphere which for me makes all the difference!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were in town for Wimbledon this past June and decided to head to Cheltenham for a few days. We were so pleased to find this terrific little hotel. The building was stately and well appointed, the service impeccable, and the food excellent. We were most pleased with our host, Marcus who was very attentive to all our questions and ready with many recommendations for tourist attractions in the area. Cheltenham was a very charming little town with great restaurants and a great spa! We look forward to visiting again. *****- 5 stars in our book!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Ideal location. Friendly staff. Nothing was to much trouble. Will stay again thanks

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

What a great hotel!!! Staying here with its relaxing and calm atmosphere really does make you feel at home and makes you want to stay lazing around drinking coffee and reading the newspapers all day long. The Management is excellent attending to your every need, they couldn’t be more helpful and made our stay even more enjoyable. Breakfast is served in a fantastic first floor dining room overlooking Suffolk Square’s bowling green. We were spoilt for choice with continental and cooked breakfasts available.

The location of the hotel is perfect within easy walking distance of the town centre, local bars and restaurants.

I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I booked this for a romantic weekend away to celebrate my partners birthday, and we arrived late afternoon. Champagne was chilling in the Willoughy Suite, a beautiful Four Poster room, with fire and all necessary amenities. The second room wasn't used, but was handy as a place for our suitcase.

The bathroom was well appointed. Parking ample.

Breakfast was freshly prepared with local produce, and was served in the most beautiful dining room, with lovely views.

I found the hotel ideally placed, just a short walk from bars and restaurants, but still quiet and peaceful at night. Although there were other residents, we didn't hear any coming and going, and it was a lovely relaxing venue.

The staff were attentive, without being intrusive, and I cannot wait to return to this beautiful town for my birthday...!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We were welcomed at Willoughby House as if we were old friends coming home (It was actually our first time visiting)!

The service throughout our stay was 1st class. The room was well appointed and offered lovely views across Suffolk Square and the Bowling Green.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and whilst it took a little longer to serve as it was all cooked to order it was well worth the wait. There was also a buffet table which offered an excellent choice of cereals, fresh fruits, croissants and general continental breakfast items.

We particually enjoye the 1st floor lounge which had a burning fire.

The whole building is in Regency style and is furnishe with some stunning furniture and art pieces.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I was in Cheltenham overnight and needed a room urgently, after phoning round various hotels with no luck and some which had very high priced rooms, I phoned a lovely chap in Willoughby house and he was able to set me up with a good sized room for a good price. The hotel demonstrates the history of Cheltenham through its very elegant decor which makes you feel you are taking a look at history. As for the food, I am a vegetarian and usually struggle to find decent options when staying in hotels. I was actually pleasantly surprised that on the breakfast menu there were enough options to suit all tastes. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would happily visit again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends