“Avoid like the plague” 1 of 5 bubbles

balti walla
Ranked #242 of 440 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I went here with some work friends, the resturant was nicely decorated but thats as nice as it gets. The food was terrible. If you like your curries do not go to the Balti walla. The food was cold and tastless and certainly not value for money . I would not recommend this place to an enemy.***AVOID AT ALL COSTS*** you`d be better off with a curry from Sainsburys a few doors along the bath road.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Six of us ate here on one of the busiest days of the year. The service and the food was great, espically when you consider the price. The bonus of being able to bring your own drinks helps keep the price down .

1 Thank telali2
Lulu1982
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

After watching attack of the trip advisors I went onto one of my favourite indian restaurants and looked at the the reviews and I was shocked at the poor reviews for the Balti.

I have been coming here for years and always had friendly service, with great food for great prices and the fact you can take your own alcohol is a bonus. No its not the best Indian restaurant in gloucestershire but you get what you pay for and I think people paying around £7 for a curry really need realistic expectations on what you get for that!!

I think that it goes to show that people have gone more than slightly overboard with their critique's and as the documentary said the power has gone to people's heads.

Great local Indian restaurant, will go back again and again.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lulu1982
London, United Kingdom
“nice food but the waiters need locking up”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

had some great food. the night soured by a waiter making unwanted advances towards a female guest to the extent of reducing her to tears and really shaking her up. you have been warned

2 Thank stephen h
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waiter with a serious attitude problem”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

When I booked a table for myself and 14 friends for my birthday I'll admit, it was because we could bring free alcohol. That said, next time I shall be sticking to somewhere else, like the Indian Voojan where - whilst you pay for your alcohol, the waiters treat you like a princess, and extremely attentive. The food was OK, curry is curry, but my biggest bug bear was that our waiter was so stroppy. He had a serious attitude problem. When I asked him for 2 onion bhajis, the waiter brought me two portions. I corrected him and he proceeded to argue with me. What happened to the customer always being right?! Won't be going there again.

• Visited October 2011