“Turkish Delight”
Review of Daphne Restaurant

Daphne Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 446 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Huddersfield
“Turkish Delight”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We booked an evening meal at Daphne and were certainly not disappointed. The owner was wonderfully forthcoming with suggestions about the food and drinks. I've always liked bottled Turkish Efes lager and they have it here on draught. Starters and main courses were all of exquisite quality and equally well presented. it was good to try a mouthful of each others meal just a get a feel for the different tastes. We were made to feel very welcome throughout the evening. If you have baclava as a sweet don't mention Greece in the same breath. I did once but I think I got away with it. Well worth a visit but book.

• Visited October 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Delight”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Whilst Celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary in the the near by Well Walk Tea Rooms we were recommended Daphne's for our evening meal. This turned out to be a real night to remember, its been a long time since I have been to a restaurant of this quality. I must say foremost, from the moment I popped in to make the reservation until the act of walking out of the door completely satisfied after, I felt I had made a life long friendship with the owner Lhan and his hard working daughter Tugbal.
The Menu was both informative and varied, with the food excellently prepared with quality products. We will defiantly be returning and I can say after tasting the baklava it will be so difficult to actually pick any thing else off the dessert menu .

Barry and Angela from Cheltenham

• Visited September 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A special experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

THis is a belated review as we ate here on 4th July! my girlfriend and I found a jewel of a restaurant in Daphne's. Despite living near and frequently eating in Cheltenham, we had never come across Daphne's before and relied upon the reviews on trip advisor to try somewhere different. Surprisingly we had the restauarant to ourselves and so had a very personal service! The atmosphere and ambience made it feel like we were actually in Turkey. Very romantic! Excellent food, beautifully presented and described with passion by the owner. Planning to take the whole family there for my girlfriends birthday in October. Really looking forward to it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChrisJackie23
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Owner chef very welcoming and hospitable, excellent service. The meal was prepared fresh, well presented and tasted authentic. We worth a revisit. The special events look worth investigating.

• Visited September 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Best Turkish Food in the County”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very friendly and helpful service and the food is simple, fresh, beautifully cooked and absolutely delicious. This is not the type of Turkish restaurant that tries to stuff you with bread for a fixed price - you get what you pay for. Even the house wine was excellent.

I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2013