“A lovely 5* retreat !!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Staffordshire
“A lovely 5* retreat !!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

had a lovely two night stay over New Year ... we found the Apartment very luxurious, spacious ,and located centrally to Cheltenham city centre. the room and bathroom was of a high standard which is what I look for in my accomodation. very easy to book, contacted with our pass number to the building and room which was very easy to access.. A lovely continental breakfast in your room. overall we would definatly stay here again..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank remy52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Every aspect of our stay at the Strozzi Palace either met or exceeded the high expectations that the website gives you.

Booking is quick and easy, they give you the opportunity then to make any particular requests, but if you forget (as I did) they give you ample reminders and opportunities, and a phone call a couple of days before to check that we had everything sorted that we needed.

Upon arrival my partner, for whom this was a surprise trip, was a little concerned by the car park which is unattractive, but secure, perfectly functional and close to the apartments. These concerns evaporated as we entered the building which is tastefully furnished to a high standard throughout. The room itself was everything that the website promised - stylish, comfortable, luxurious and well thought out, with a huge bed!

We stayed in the Tuscany suite, which has a bath and a superb shower, a dining area by the juliet balcony as well as a good kitchen area and comfy sofa. I am so glad that we allowed a decent amount of down time in our two day stay so that we could really enjoy being in the apartment. The food provided for breakfast was great - fruits, cheeses, yoghurts, cereals, and they catered to our extravagant requests (of peanut butter and crusty white bread) as promised.

Add to this the incredibly convenient location and the superb value for money and It all made for an exceptional stay. We went to celebrate my partners birthday, and at every step of the way the staff of the Strozzi, especially Georgina, went above and beyond to make it an extra special occasion which we both thoroughly enjoyed, for which I am extremely grateful.

Room Tip: The Tuscany suite had very little road noise. I can't imagine any of the suites would disappoint...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely apartments, modern and clean. If you don't find something or have a request, they kindly call you to clarify any details that may not have been specified in all emails pre-stay. Very organised, efficient and easy.
I asked them to put a note on our arrival (you have the option of requesting chocolates, champagne or others upon arrival) because my partner paid for the holiday, but didn't want to add the extra charge. They went the extra mile to make me (and him) happy, and we really appreciate it. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend in town (and so close to the centre too!!!). One to repeat.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlexiaPR
Malvern
Reviewed 24 November 2013

There is little I can add to the long list of positive reviews for the Strozzi Palace suites - we were very impressed by this place and would definitely use again. Ok, there was some traffic noise but we were in a room over-looking the road junction and it didn't stop us from getting to sleep. However this is easily compensated by the central location and just a couple of minutes walk to a good selection of restaurants.
When we arrived, the shared carpark was quite busy but a very helpful 'carpark attendant' found a suitable place for us and helped us reverse in to it! There's CCTV and security lighting around the carpark so we had no worries about leaving the car there.
I think the owners of the Strozzi Palace have got the balance right - if they can maintain the high standard, they're on to a winner!

3 Thank dmg31
Stotfold
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed in these apartments for three nights for our tenth wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The apartment was spacious, clean extremely well equipped and well decorated with modern furnishings. It is also well located for exploring Cheltenham, and being right next to the inner ring road it is great for using as a base for exploring the surrounding area. The only slight downside was a bit of traffic noise, but that's not a fault of the apartment, but rather its location in the city centre - it didn't keep me awake at night. There are loads of restaurants within a short walk from the apartments, which is great if you have been driving all day and want a break at night. Recommend L'Artisan (2 minutes walk) for a special occasion. Well done Strozzi.

1 Thank The_Fury_Zone
London, UK
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Now I cast my mind back two weeks when I paid £109 for a grubby little Travel lodge in Paddington.....then fourteen days later I end up here for £99 and what a contrast.

This is glorious. I could live here! A large Italian art deco (apologies if thats not the right term for the artists who read this) sitting room off the hall way. A reasonably size kitchen area and I love the large sliding doors into the lovely bedroom. Never stayed in an apartment type place before but believe me who needs a reception and a cooked breakfast.

Was sent the door code, got in easily. Clean main hall area, beautifully decorated. Went up to the first floor to the Milano and entered this quite large oasis.

Bathroom/wetroom is large and well decorated.

Location is very central although I didn't explore much. Just phoned the other half (who I left at home) and promised her a trip here....seriously you won't find better in Cheltenham as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Any of them!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SimonndJulie
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A great stay at a wonderful hotel. The suites really suit us and are so much more value for money than a regular hotel. The fridge is always stocked up with breakfast items so morning can be a leisurely affair and having the separate seating area is a real bonus. Everything is thought of from quality bathrobes to a corkscrew! Strozzi has a really friendly team who are always willing to help us out. Thank you!

1 Thank 7267helen