“Excellent. Place to be especially for Sunday lunch!!!”
Review of The Beaufort Arms

The Beaufort Arms
Ranked #55 of 70 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
“Excellent. Place to be especially for Sunday lunch!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have had very good feedback from my clients staying here, however personally after Sunday lunch pub crawl each week to try as many of the carvery's as possible in cheltenham this has to be the best I have found by far... All freshly cooked (not soggy frozen veg as most places are) fresh potatoes and all meats cooked perfectly, this has now become my usual Sunday haunt when eating out! Also Thatchers on tap is always a winner!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you wish to stay in a nice place with really really good food in a pub where locals hang out and the family that run the place are as sweet as pie, this is it. and..... all of this for a very reasonable price. If you are looking for pretentious, this is not the pace for you. Just down-home comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Burnham-on-Sea, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

On my arrival I felt extremely welcome, the staff were all very friendly and even offered to carry my bags for me. My evening meal was delicious and breakfast the same, I felt that the staff went out of their way to accommodate my requests and a packed lunch was prepared for me without hesitation when requested. To top off my stay the room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Good clean basic accommodation. No nonsense. Great cheap food and beer. Fish cakes are a real treat. Bar has a great atmosphere, with a good mix of chatty locals. Superb staff are happy to help. Close enough to the town centre.

• Stayed June 2013
Pembrokeshire
Reviewed 18 August 2013

For £35 B&B in Cheltenham, I was quite happy with the deal. My room was clean, as was the shared bathroom a flight of stairs down. The stairs are narrow, but, it was not a problem for me.

I was able to park in the front space of the Beaufort Arms as it is restricted to about 3 or spaces, otherwise, parking on the road outside is possible.

A great selection of ales and the barman was pleasant and attentive.

I was warmly greeted by the father of the owner for breakfast and the full English was cooked to my satisfaction. Cereals, juices and fresh fruit were available prior to the full breakfast.

It is not too far out of town to walk, an easy straight route that takes about 15 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First impressionbs count...well when we pulled u outside and saw the scafolding and ded flowers in the hanging baskets we tried to stay positive. The bar area was uninviting and the staff not as nice or as helpfull as you'd like (not rude though) Due to our welcome we changed our lans and went out to eat elsewhere as the pub didn't take our fancy.

On the plus side, rooms were pretty clean and warm but didn't seem value for money. The shared bathroom was down 2 flights of stairs too! Not enough tean and coffee etc in the room, but we found the top up stash so wasn't really a problem.

Breakfast was pretty poor, we'd really hoped a nice fry up would be the start to a nice holiday, but sour milk, burnt bacon and deep fried potatoes just spoilt this all for us. The toast and orange juice was nice.

To be fair to the owner, without us prompting him, he gave us a discount of £15 due to the milk being off.

The reviews of this lace all seemed very good and we hoped we'd enjoy the same positive experience. Maybe there has been a change of ownership but the place we stayed at recently isn't the one describe in the reviews.

Room Tip: Best advice, choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have just enjoyed a wonderful evening meal at the Beaufort, it is the first time that we have eaten there and we were not disappointed. The food was piping hot, very well presented and very good quality, at a price that was very reasonable. The kitchen obviously has pride in their work and you can easily tell this by the look & taste. Would recommend it for sure, and would definately return for another meal without second thought.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family