“DISGUSTING!!! DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!!”
Review of Central Studios

and 1 more site!
Central Studios
Warwickshire
“DISGUSTING!!! DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

From the photos shown on the website it looks a lovely place to stay until you see the front of the building. A run down unlived in property.
Walked in through the front door and we could hear the room opposite's convo. Then through the door to our room (room 5) we were hit by the stench! Honestly I have never ever smelt anything like it!
Daring to walk in further, the leather look sofa was covered in dried clear liquid (have uploaded an image) and I didn't even bother pulling the sheets back!!
We didn't stay in there for more than 5 minutes, turned around and walked out!

Also, the name Central Studios??? Central to where?????

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travellers choose a good room???? Don't book here!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for stag do with group of mates all in 40s. Arrived to find gangs of young men hanging out of windows drinking. After returning from a day at the races we attempted to sleep to no avail. Doors slamming all night, cars came and went and people seemed to be constantly walking between the main building and the annexe at the back. It was rough. When we left next morning there were cans and bottles strewn about the front of the building. For £89 I expected something better. Go anywhere in Cheltenham except this hell hole.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joannapike84

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I'm shocked to see any good review the room was disgusting the mattresses looked something from a drug den I'm not fussy when working away but this was the worst place iv ever seen I would not leave my dog to sleep in it ... Avoid it like the plague...

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Menzy1984
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had originally planned to give a good review following the excellent service we received from the Reception staff in accommodating us in a different apartment following us originally being given a top floor apartment which was unsuitable due to my restricted mobility.
The new apartment was in Trinity Lane and more suitable for my needs and looked very clean and modern.
However, this is where the good things end. What was supposed to be a relaxing break before an operation has become an ongoing living nightmare!!
We were here for 4 nights and by the second day, I noticed some bites and just put them down to insect bites from the country walks. Quite a few more appeared by the time we left but then when my wife got some on our return home we became worried it was due to something else only to be told from our GP that it was SCABIES!!!!!!!
The reason I had so many more bites was due to our double bed being two single beds put together and obviously, my bed had these horrible mites.
Oh my god, the horror....it is a horrible, itchy hell which has led to two treatments of prescribed medication to which I have now got an allergic reaction of hives.
On informing them by phone and being asked to send an email, which I have done over a week ago, as we did not want anyone else to suffer the same misfortune, they have not even had the courtesy to answer!!
On reading past reviews now, it seems bed bugs have been an issue before too so my advice.....DO NOT STAY AT THESE APARTMENTS, EVER!!!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, bring your own bedding!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steve H
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed at Central Studios 7 Portland Street over the Bank Holiday weekend - room 16. Very disappointed. Definitely not worth the £279 paid for 4 nights. The place needs total re-decoration. There was no remote control for the TV which was wall mounted high up. Reported to reception on arrival. Was told that they would check with the cleaner in the morning. I spoke to the cleaner in the morning and she knew nothing about it. Went back to reception. Told the remote must have been stolen; not offered a replacement. It was almost impossible to turn the TV on or change channel as there was no chair in the room that I could have stood on. Bed linen was grubby. the mattress was very thin and uncomfortable. Bitten by something in the bed. There was a loud buzzing noise most of the night which kept me awake (maybe A/C). The toilet was opposite so you get the noise of people using it. No hand towels or dryer to dry your hands. Second night reported that the microwave was not working on the microwave setting. This was not fixed. Skirting boards around shower were rotten. The room is over looked by other properties and the car-park. As there were no blinds or net curtains I had to keep the curtain drawn. Carpet in the room and building where stained. Wifi in the room kept dropping connection. Notice that people sat on a dilapidated sofa downstairs to get wifi reception. The Central studios were the only place with vacancies that weekend. Now I know why! I did email to complain but I never received a reply. Left feeling ripped off. One for watchdog I think!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank L0rnaHB
Kent
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this place. Not sure what the fuss is about.

I've stayed in some beautiful places/hotels in my life but for this particular stay I needed something very cheap because money is tight as I'm in the process of starting my own business.

The building from the outside is not very appealing however inside it was clean and as per the pictures on trip adviser. I booked a single room however they upgraded me to the family room which meant that I had lots of space and a shower in my room.

The free parking is ideal and keeps the cost low. On the day of arrival you will receive a text message from them with the door code which allows you to get into the main building. The message also includes the code to release your key once your in the building. There is not reception but there is a (local) telephone number that you can call for help.

The kitchen facility were fine. I actually took tea bags and sugar with me but I didn't need to because they were provided. I also took a towel but again, fresh towels were provided.

I thought the room was clean as was the toilet facilities. The bed admittedly was very hard but I used another duvet to soften it a little bit. There was a little bit if a funny smell in the hall way but my room was fine so it didn't bother me.

For the price I paid, I cannot fault this place. I got more that I expected and would stay again if I need cheap accommodation in Cheltenham.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Granada, Spain
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The bed was awful, one of the mattresses making the double bed was completely worn out, we sank completely though, feeling all the springs inside and the bed base underneath!

The walls are made of paper, you hear everything happening in next-door rooms and outside.

As there is no reception or personnel available, we called to complain (from our foreign phone, which was expensive) to complain, they said they would change mattresses or move us to another room and phone us later in the day to inform us of the solution applied, but never called back and had to stay for the following 2 nights in the same conditions!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple