“Not a pleasant time!!”

Central Studios
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant time!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

These self catering studios are situated on a main road with limited parking at the rear of the property, there are no staff on-site so you have to call a 24hr number! The room was generally clean. Limited cutlery, kettle and some basic tea/coffee, fridge. Wi-fi was v good connection. Shower was difficult to regulate and ran cold often, room was too hot. Property also very close to the train station so expect some noise! Room 8 is right next to communal toilet and room 9 right next to communal toilet/shower so you may want to avoid these as they tend to get used all times of the day/night. As other guests have mentioned this is not as close to town as you maybe led to believe.
Unfortunately there was a group of young people staying on my night, who had complete disregard for other guests. The swearing was unbelievable, they were partying from the time I arrived, most went out about 10.45pm and it all started again at the wee hours!!! didn't go quiet again until 5am. Slamming doors, screaming, shouting loud laughter, it appeared they had allowed others to stay who weren't paying guests, and I asked for a quiet room!!Towels left on the floor in the communal toilets.
Would not stay here again and would not recommend to friends/family.
Wish I had read some of the reviews on here and the booking agents website.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Watford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Just imagine putting a bed and a sofa in your kitchen... Its pretty much that BUT with the extra luxury of a leaky shower cubicle next to the bed! And that's not all folks, the walls are paper thin so you get to hear everyone else chat and use the toilet all night too!
Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this place, when we arrived we went to the back (in the carpark) thinking that was the place and the phone number they gave me for assistance rang through with no one answering. Spend a bit more and go somewhere else!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The owners of the property have had a great idea for low cost, low hassle accomodation relatively close to the centre of Cheltenham.
A separate bungalow type building, divided into small rooms, with clean common bathrooms. A great way to offer inexpensive accommodation.
The room was neat, clean and had good in room facilities (a bar fridge for example - a rare find in England)

Unfortunately the building material used is so flimsy and cheap that you can hear every sound of the other people in the other 6-7 rooms. The front door opening & closing, the bathroom door opening and closing, people turning their light switches on & off or talking or turning on a tap, and if you are on the ground floor like me then the upstairs floor sounds like elephants are tap dancing on your head.

Stay here by all means as it is a good bargain, but for heavens sake bring your ear plugs or you wont sleep a wink

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The only reason we booked this place was because we were in a hurry, and it was called 'Central Studios'. This is the beginning of the problem as it turned out this was something of a misnomer. The place is about 2 miles out of the town centre in a scruffy suburb. We had similiar experiences to others mentioned on this site. The text message welcome omitted to tell us what floor we were supposed to be on, until we had been scrabbling around in the dark and cold for 10 minutes until we worked out they'd made a mistake. The 'double bed' was 2 singles pushed together with a sheet stretched over. One of the mattresses was so old and worn out that if somebody was letting their dog sleep on it, they might be at risk of being reported to the RSPCA. The walls of the studio are paper then. I tried not to, but I could hear the people in the next room's conversation word for word, and they were speaking in hushed tones. There was a man who appeared to be living in the room the other side. I think he might have been a tramp who was using the place as a 'halfway house'.

Room Tip: There aren't any.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adrian c
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I'm on my way back from my friends hen. She and her guests had managed to get shared rooms at the premiere and holiday inn but as I didn't really know anyone I was alone so thought I'd pay little for one night to get my head down.
Walking into the apartment it was fine but the key lock gadget outside was useless as it wouldn't let me lock it after. The room was cold and no instructions as to how to control the heating. Luckily I could use the duvet from the bed next to me to warm up. I found out that everyone in the premier in around the corner had a midday check out and I had a 10am one so I emailed to ask if I could pay a bit more for 2 hours and I was told it was too late to arrange it. So when I got in, to the set back house with no lighting really, female on my own not feeling too safe in a city I'm not from, I opened the main door and was welcomed by the smell of weed. And it got stronger as I walked through. I politely emailed the customer services back about it, fair to say I've been ignored. Paper thin walls, banging and crashing. Will look for a nice independent b&b next time. If ever

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The most awful dark dingy smelly hole that we later found out is the local doss house. £40 for a night is budget accomadation but my goodness this is grimsville. We stayed all of ten minutes I could not breathe from the muskrat smell which is made worse by the smell of bleach sprayed round by the apparant cleaners....its all very cloak and dagger receiving a text instead of a welcome from a host...im not surprised I would not want to show my face either if I owned that place and was taking peoples cash from them. After much debate on the phone a comprimise on a 50% refund which was promised to be credited to my account but has not been. Paid another £80 and stayed away...im sure you would easily catch scabies in those sheets.....do not taje the risk and book this place its dire !!!

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I wish we had read the reviews before we booked it. I would never stay here again. We only booked in for the night on a girly night away. We got no sleep at all as people were slamming doors early hours in the morning. You could feel the springs on the mattress and when you turned over the bed would squeak! I didn't feel safe the whole time I was there and nor did I like the fact of sharing the bathroom with strangers! And to top it off check out was at 10!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends