“OK for a short stay”

and 1 more site!
Central Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed for a night in the Patio studio in Albion Street. The house itself looked quite tatty so was not looking forward to the studio. It was at the end of the garden, a brick built out-building, but OK inside. I did notice that there was a dripping leak above the door on the inside which stopped just after we arrived so may have been from recent rain. The place was clean enough although the bed linen looked faded and not very inviting, however it was clean. The shower room was very small and, as another reviewer has commented, watch your fingers in the door handle! Parking is limited to 2 spaces for whole building so we had to park round the corner and pay for 24 hours. Overall it was quiet, very close to town centre (ideal for work trips) and inexpensive. would probably use again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Most definitely the worst place I have visited in my life - do not be fooled by the photographs, they mask the fact that the accommodation is sub-standard, from the exterior to the interior. The staff also have a bad attitude and could do with learning some customer service skills - the manager in particular. All in all a rubbish nasty place to stay, not even suitable for your dog. If you read any reviews that this place is marvelous, I would question it

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BNJLondon
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I booked 3rooms earlier this month. The mattresses were awful springs protruding through. The heating and hot water broke down all night and was not fixed for over 14 hours and they did not think this was a problem!!!!!
Would not recommend to anybody very poor standard.
Very unhelpful staff did not resolve any of our problems

Room Tip: Don't bother considering staying in any rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracey978
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We arrived at the apartments and after a slight problem with access codes we entered our apartment only to find we had a twin room and not the double we requested. Also the settee a sofa bed was broken. The receptionists were very helpful and moved us to another apartment this seemed fine but we later started to discover problems.
1: The extractor fan in the bathroom was faulty and very very noisy. Fortunately there was an isolation street in the hallway.
2: Both sofa beds in the lounge were broken one was placed against the wall to hold the back up. The second one seemed OK until we sat on it, we fell backward narrowly missing the table behind it.
The bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. There was a good supply of towels in the bathroom and it was very clean as was rest of the apartment. We read the information booklet but we were surprised about the lack of information about restaurants i.e. no address. If a little more care was taken maintaining the property they would be excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

After by chance finding this what looked to be a great apartment for a great price ..my only requirement was a quiet room with a table as I had an important interview and exam the next morning. Upon arrival as there isn't anyone onsite you receive a text with access codes to the main door and to a key safe to your apartment. Of course after going through this process I ended up with a spacious two bed apartment ..initially overwhelming I thought! Until I realised they'd given the nosiest apartment in the complex No4 as it was positioned right on the corner at ground floor next to traffic light on the main road! Therefore I rang the contact number given and asked for a quiet room again ..I then was given a new code to access another room No8 this time..another two bed apartment which was quieter ..however no double bed, instead was equipped with 4 twin beds and being 6ft plus I struggle to fit in a single bed. Therefore you guessed it I rang to ask for another room change .. initially they advised theyd get someone over to replace one of the twins with a double bed. Only to ring back to advise their was another room available No10....great I thought until I realised it too was above the busy corner position of the road junction! So 4,8 or 10?? The lesser of the 3 evils I figured No8 being a quieter apartment..or was it ? Let my pics decide for you ..as I found loose electric fittings, a broken washing machine, moldy damp smell in bathroom and one bedroom, critters in the drawers (cockroaches), broken beds (I sat on one to fall through hurting my back..the staff put it down to a previous guest...however I did find all beds had broken or missing slats from their frames.. so I ended up moving mattress on the floor to get a reasonable nights sleep in lounge whilst watching the final of 'Im a Celebrity get me out of here' ...and on queue a critter scampered across the lounge !

I recommend this place to a bunch of lads who dont mind putting up with the wildlife I found and are out on a stag do, as loads of space and possible sleeps up to six people i.e 4 twins and 2 sofa beds..good luck!!

Room Tip: Try quieter apartments facing to rear of building on car park side ..otherwise go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank STR1
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Central serviced apartments – 84 Gloucester Road
----------------------------------------------------------------

Stayed in these apartments for one night in November 2012.
The apartment was generally ok as a base for 4 adults going on a night out.
The 2 bedded apartment was kitted out with 4 single beds, 1 had defiantly seen better days as the springs appeared to be non-existent.
The bathroom had no window so relied on an extractor fan to deal with shower moisture….it obviously wasn’t coping as the mouldy ceiling, walls, and floor showed.

The kitchen had enough plates and glasses for a quick takeaway before going out.

Not sure how easy it would be to walk to town centre, we had to get taxis at about £5 each way as it rained the whole time we were there.

The apartment was very warm, we turned all the heating off and opened the windows and it was still too warm. Maybe fans could be provided?

Access to the apartments was via a text message with key codes, this worked well. There is limited free parking at the rear of the apartments.

Overall, for the price we paid (£100 for 4 people) it wasn’t bad, however, I would have been pretty annoyed paying anymore, or if we were staying longer than one night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Fab apartment for a weekend away, much better (And probably cheaper) than paying for a hotel room. Myself and 13 friends stayed here for 1 night at the end of November. We have used central apartments before (stayed in different ones but just as good) and they were great so used again.

Key collection: easy, fast, collect from the Central Hotel. Staff are friendly and help with directions to the apartments.
Check in: apartments were ready and spotless. Fresh bedding and towels. Tea and coffee in the kitchen (enough for maybe 4 cups).
Location: walking distance to the centre, less than 5 min walk to the Brewery with some nice places to eat, and then about a further 2 min walk into the centre (we walked home from a night out in central Cheltenham in heels in the rain, so it's not too far).
Parking: There are NO parking spaces that come with the apartment. You are able yo park in St Pauls Street, however getting a space is luck as pretty busy. Luckily we know Cheltenham quite well and you are able to park on the majority of streets without permits. However on the Saturday night we managed to get 2 cars in the street and 2 in just an adjacent street.
Check out: This is 10am, you are able to pay for an additional hour if needed - we've never done this. Cleaners are normally there at the apartment for 10am waiting for you to leave.

We had apartment 1 and 4 this time at No.29 St Paul's Street. Apartment 1 slept 6 people and apartment 4 slept 8 people. Spacious apartments and plenty of room for 14 girls to get ready, shower water stayed warm for everyone. A small issue inside the apartment would be lack of mirrors.

Great value for money - would definitely use again.

• Stayed: November 2012