“Ideal for a short break”

Central Serviced Apartments
Ilminster
“Ideal for a short break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

There are apartments in several locations around the town.we have stayed at Gloucester Road And Albion Street. The apartments are similarly equipped but for location Albion Street wins hands down. This is perfect for shopping on The Promenade, visiting one of the theatres or local attractions. It is worth phoning the apartments direct to get the best deal as they were offering better prices than the Internet.
The rooms are warm and comfy although the lighting was a little dim! Gloucester Road has more parking but it is a long walk into town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Noisy, scruffy and unsecure. Briefly - The main issue was other people were given access to our apartment. People were able to walk in during the night whilst we were asleep. Also People who were long term renters living on the ground floor had to ask the weekend renters to turn their music down at 3am. The police were called and all hell broke lose.
Our advice, don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GFGManchester

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

Crewkerne, Somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed for a night in the Patio studio in Albion Street. The house itself looked quite tatty so was not looking forward to the studio. It was at the end of the garden, a brick built out-building, but OK inside. I did notice that there was a dripping leak above the door on the inside which stopped just after we arrived so may have been from recent rain. The place was clean enough although the bed linen looked faded and not very inviting, however it was clean. The shower room was very small and, as another reviewer has commented, watch your fingers in the door handle! Parking is limited to 2 spaces for whole building so we had to park round the corner and pay for 24 hours. Overall it was quiet, very close to town centre (ideal for work trips) and inexpensive. would probably use again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Most definitely the worst place I have visited in my life - do not be fooled by the photographs, they mask the fact that the accommodation is sub-standard, from the exterior to the interior. The staff also have a bad attitude and could do with learning some customer service skills - the manager in particular. All in all a rubbish nasty place to stay, not even suitable for your dog. If you read any reviews that this place is marvelous, I would question it

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BNJLondon
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I booked 3rooms earlier this month. The mattresses were awful springs protruding through. The heating and hot water broke down all night and was not fixed for over 14 hours and they did not think this was a problem!!!!!
Would not recommend to anybody very poor standard.
Very unhelpful staff did not resolve any of our problems

Room Tip: Don't bother considering staying in any rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracey978
Desborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We arrived at the apartments and after a slight problem with access codes we entered our apartment only to find we had a twin room and not the double we requested. Also the settee a sofa bed was broken. The receptionists were very helpful and moved us to another apartment this seemed fine but we later started to discover problems.
1: The extractor fan in the bathroom was faulty and very very noisy. Fortunately there was an isolation street in the hallway.
2: Both sofa beds in the lounge were broken one was placed against the wall to hold the back up. The second one seemed OK until we sat on it, we fell backward narrowly missing the table behind it.
The bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. There was a good supply of towels in the bathroom and it was very clean as was rest of the apartment. We read the information booklet but we were surprised about the lack of information about restaurants i.e. no address. If a little more care was taken maintaining the property they would be excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

After by chance finding this what looked to be a great apartment for a great price ..my only requirement was a quiet room with a table as I had an important interview and exam the next morning. Upon arrival as there isn't anyone onsite you receive a text with access codes to the main door and to a key safe to your apartment. Of course after going through this process I ended up with a spacious two bed apartment ..initially overwhelming I thought! Until I realised they'd given the nosiest apartment in the complex No4 as it was positioned right on the corner at ground floor next to traffic light on the main road! Therefore I rang the contact number given and asked for a quiet room again ..I then was given a new code to access another room No8 this time..another two bed apartment which was quieter ..however no double bed, instead was equipped with 4 twin beds and being 6ft plus I struggle to fit in a single bed. Therefore you guessed it I rang to ask for another room change .. initially they advised theyd get someone over to replace one of the twins with a double bed. Only to ring back to advise their was another room available No10....great I thought until I realised it too was above the busy corner position of the road junction! So 4,8 or 10?? The lesser of the 3 evils I figured No8 being a quieter apartment..or was it ? Let my pics decide for you ..as I found loose electric fittings, a broken washing machine, moldy damp smell in bathroom and one bedroom, critters in the drawers (cockroaches), broken beds (I sat on one to fall through hurting my back..the staff put it down to a previous guest...however I did find all beds had broken or missing slats from their frames.. so I ended up moving mattress on the floor to get a reasonable nights sleep in lounge whilst watching the final of 'Im a Celebrity get me out of here' ...and on queue a critter scampered across the lounge !

I recommend this place to a bunch of lads who dont mind putting up with the wildlife I found and are out on a stag do, as loads of space and possible sleeps up to six people i.e 4 twins and 2 sofa beds..good luck!!

Room Tip: Try quieter apartments facing to rear of building on car park side ..otherwise go elsewhere!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo