Central Serviced Apartments
US$158
US$120
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$113
US$107
US$146
US$106
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
US$256
US$199
Hotels.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
US$81
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$84
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I wont go into to much detail due to legal reasons but this company who also run the central hotel has to be one of the most disingenuous bunch of people I've ever come across. I would warn everybody never to make a booking with them, my booking was at £90 a night which they wanted to cancel and charge me £800 for 2 nights. On my 7th call to their office I finally got to speak to Katie who put the phone down on me. I've booked elsewhere and would advise you to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Burnsie44
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This very shabby mid terrace house is situated on a very congested road with very little parking. The house was disgusting, no photos of this house appear on any web site because beds are broken, decor is very worn, house generally filthy. It is not a 3 bed apartment but a 3 bed mid terraced town house that hasnt been touched for many years. Living room very basic settee broken, tiny dining room table with just 4 chairs, shower broken and bathroom filthy, we did not use it except a quick wash as was just awful. One single bed was missing a leg so at an angle and a double bed was so rickety it was like being at sea when you laid on it. managers Mike and Kate will fob you off until you give up. I stayed 2 months ago and still they say they are looking into it despite my many phone calls. A shoddy company which I will never use again.

Room Tip: Avoid this company and book with someone else. We paid £125 for a filthy terraced house which 2 people could not sleep in as the beds were broken and conditions very dirty!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank smc190891
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked two apartments for myself and 3 other family members in August 2013 at the Gloucester Road Apartments for a family wedding. We were told that room entry codes would be given to us by mobile phone at 1400 to gain access and enable us to attend the wedding at 1500. But at 1400 no phone call came and my daughter made two phone calls to enquire why. She was informed that we were at the wrong location and that an e-mail had been sent to me with this information. I have never received that e-mail if it was ever sent as this seems to be a regularly recurring problem with the bookings. We were directed to Trinity Lane which meant that as none of us had previously been to Cheltenham we took some time to locate these apartments. Luckily we found a helpful housekeeper who directed us to the Central Hotel to obtain our keys. Once there we enquired about parking space as we were told that there was none at Trinity Lane and after some more telephone calls we obtained a code to allow us to enter a secure space on the front of the building. All this time consuming mish-mash of information meant that we missed the wedding ceremony, photography session, etc and that despite the fact we had arrived in Cheltenham at 12.30pm. It would seem to me that management needs to get a better grip on how the business is working.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels are better situated for outside views. Check and double-check that any and every information that the company supplies you regarding your booking. as no guarantee is given that what you asked for is what you will get.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LlwmpynDwl
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Trinity Lane 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. Overall we were happy with the apartment and it was very clean. It's location is a little drab but its close to the centre of town so most things were with walking distance. The bedrooms were quite small which made fitting in a travel cot for our toddler a challenge but we managed. Our only complaint was that several times a day the most god awful smell appeared filling the apartment. We could not for the life of us identify it (sewerage or natural gas perhaps?) This made an otherwise pleasant stay disappointing. Had it not been for this smell I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

If your considering staying here, DONT!.
I stayed at 2 Gloucester Place.
From start to finish, this was the most appalling place I have ever stayed. I arrived, after a 7 hour drive to the location in email, to find no one/no sign/no sign of people. I phoned number to be told I should have received an email telling me I had to go to 'Central Hotel' in Cheltenham (10 minute drive from where I was) to collect keys - I did not get any such email. I was also told at that point on the phone that there was an issue with my booking which they would sort out with me when I got to the hotel.
When I arrived at hotel, I was greeted by a very unprofessional woman, chewing gum with her mouth open constantly, taking phone calls from several men, one including her boyfriend, the other her boss (as she told me).
The issue with my booking was the original place I was meant to stay, which is where I turned up first had been flooded by the previous visitor, so was unusable. That meant they were putting me somewhere else, another room. I was given a key, and a postcode, and off I went.
On arrival, the outside looked 'OK' despite the road looking a bit rough. Parking was non existent, but managed to put car on kerb/empty disused land opposite.
Initial impressions were poor, dim hallway/stairs, stale smoke smells and flies all over. However initially the room looked ok. Basic (which I expected as this was a budget room) but OK.
I went to my evening event, and returned at one AM.
To discover none of the lights in the hallways/stairs (I was 2 flights up) worked. The lights in the shared bathroom also didn't work.
The bed was broken, so I put mattress on floor. The mattress was the thinnest I have ever seen and every spring was broken so stuck into me every single which way I tried to lay. I had to turn the fridge off because it sounded like it was going to explode.
The room was very hot but unable to open the window as it had been painted shut. I ended up sitting on the stairs, outside the room, in the dark, in the middle of the night, taking some medication for Asthma as was too hot and struggling to breathe. There I saw the mouse.
By 0430 AM I was so tired, stressed, uncomfortable, scared that I rang round every hotel in Cheltenham trying to find somewhere else to stay. To no avail for that night. So I stayed awake all night. When the morning light arrived, it showed how disgusting the shower/bathroom was. Unclean with fag ends littered around the shower on the floor. You could draw lines through the dirt in shower tray.
On walking back up the stairs after using the bathroom, in the kitchenette between my room and the other room was a gentleman urinating in the kitchen sink.
I packed my stuff and left ASAP.
I found friends staying in another hotel, and managed to book in there.
On complaining to staff at Central Hotels, when I went to take the keys back and asking for a refund especially as I was not going to be staying the next 3 nights as paid for I was met with rudeness and belligerence. They did not believe I saw a mouse, because I did not have a photo of it! I was also told 'it is a budget room'. I have stayed in many budget places, none like this. I was given a card with an email to complain to, although told it was only end up in his (the rude man's) inbox and he would forward on to person concerned.
IF YOUR CONSIDERING STAYING HERE DONT DO IT.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo