“Simple and Easy Place to Stay: Quiet Location”

and 1 more site!
Central Serviced Apartments
Leeds
“Simple and Easy Place to Stay: Quiet Location”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for with an additional 4 people. We needed somewhere for the night under one roof without having to fork out for extra hotel room. This place was perfect for everything. It was like staying in a small house.

I have no complaints generally and it served it purpose as well.

Room Tip: Keypad is a little fidly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stafford
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I made a booking with this company in Jan 2014 for a stay in June 2014. In April 2014 the company decided (against my will) to cancel the booking, due to an error on their behalf, the reservation was for one night only. This was a technical error on their behalf, but they wouldn't accept responsibility of offer me service. The best they came up with was 10% off to re-book. Why would I rebook when I booked for one night and now they want me to book 2 nights?

The whole experience has been the worst I've ever dealt with, in all my time of booking of hotels and apartments online.
Never, ever again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leisa W

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We booked 3 apartments to sleep 15 people in total. The apartments were all clean and well equipped and had free wi-fi (although the signal was weak in some areas).
I was disappointed that the apartments were all on different floors despite requesting several months ago to have them all together on the same floor.
The access codes made it simple for checking in and the cleaning team were friendly and helpful.
Beds were comfortable and rooms were warm.
Bedding and towels had seen better days and due for replacing and the Venetian blinds were rather tatty in places.
Ample parking for our minibus and only a 15 to 20 minute walk to town centre, or £6-£8 taxi ride.

All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Edwina S
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I wont go into to much detail due to legal reasons but this company who also run the central hotel has to be one of the most disingenuous bunch of people I've ever come across. I would warn everybody never to make a booking with them, my booking was at £90 a night which they wanted to cancel and charge me £800 for 2 nights. On my 7th call to their office I finally got to speak to Katie who put the phone down on me. I've booked elsewhere and would advise you to do the same.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Burnsie44
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This very shabby mid terrace house is situated on a very congested road with very little parking. The house was disgusting, no photos of this house appear on any web site because beds are broken, decor is very worn, house generally filthy. It is not a 3 bed apartment but a 3 bed mid terraced town house that hasnt been touched for many years. Living room very basic settee broken, tiny dining room table with just 4 chairs, shower broken and bathroom filthy, we did not use it except a quick wash as was just awful. One single bed was missing a leg so at an angle and a double bed was so rickety it was like being at sea when you laid on it. managers Mike and Kate will fob you off until you give up. I stayed 2 months ago and still they say they are looking into it despite my many phone calls. A shoddy company which I will never use again.

Avoid this company and book with someone else. We paid £125 for a filthy terraced house which 2 people could not sleep in as the beds were broken and conditions very dirty!

Room Tip: Avoid this company and book with someone else. We paid £125 for a filthy terraced house which 2 peo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank smc190891
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked two apartments for myself and 3 other family members in August 2013 at the Gloucester Road Apartments for a family wedding. We were told that room entry codes would be given to us by mobile phone at 1400 to gain access and enable us to attend the wedding at 1500. But at 1400 no phone call came and my daughter made two phone calls to enquire why. She was informed that we were at the wrong location and that an e-mail had been sent to me with this information. I have never received that e-mail if it was ever sent as this seems to be a regularly recurring problem with the bookings. We were directed to Trinity Lane which meant that as none of us had previously been to Cheltenham we took some time to locate these apartments. Luckily we found a helpful housekeeper who directed us to the Central Hotel to obtain our keys. Once there we enquired about parking space as we were told that there was none at Trinity Lane and after some more telephone calls we obtained a code to allow us to enter a secure space on the front of the building. All this time consuming mish-mash of information meant that we missed the wedding ceremony, photography session, etc and that despite the fact we had arrived in Cheltenham at 12.30pm. It would seem to me that management needs to get a better grip on how the business is working.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels are better situated for outside views. Check and double-check that any an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LlwmpynDwl
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Trinity Lane 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. Overall we were happy with the apartment and it was very clean. It's location is a little drab but its close to the centre of town so most things were with walking distance. The bedrooms were quite small which made fitting in a travel cot for our toddler a challenge but we managed. Our only complaint was that several times a day the most god awful smell appeared filling the apartment. We could not for the life of us identify it (sewerage or natural gas perhaps?) This made an otherwise pleasant stay disappointing. Had it not been for this smell I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed August 2013