“DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!”

Central Serviced Apartments
worcester
“DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Do not stay here, after leaving on the sunday I received an invoice on monday evening stating £800 worth of damages....these was BOGUS damages, even tho i phoned the hotel they refused to refund the £800 that they had already taken from my bank before asking/informing me. I am a student nurse, I now have to take out a loan to replace the money while i fight to get my money back. Why would i cause damages i went for a nice wkend away !!!! I AM ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED :(

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
jim-garry, Head of Marketing at Central Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
I am very disappointed to see such a bad review posted on Trip Advisor, after the guest/s has destroyed expensive items in our apartments.
When you enter the apartments, there is a very large wooden display board in the entrance, which has been custom made for us. After the guest had vacated, we had found that this has been cracked and chipped quite badly, not being simply fixable. As a result, we now have to get another board custom made, which I can assure is not cheap, as they are handmade. This then has to be sign written by a separate company, and then installed by a paid maintenance team. All of this labour has to be paid for and is a large expenditure on the company.
This was only the start of the damage, as the hallway is now in need of redecoration, after only being refurbished just a few weeks before the guests stay. Other items include the thermostat to adjust the temperature, of which the front is missing and thus, un-adjustable. The cost of a replacement is not extortionate, but there are costs again for labour to install a new one, which isn’t the cheapest job.
To top it all, the guest had decided to leave our cleaners a present in the communal areas, in the form of used condoms which were on display for other guests to see. In the bathroom our cleaning staff had discovered that one of the guests in the group had been sick in the bathroom, leaving quite a mess. Sunday mornings are the most popular time to find bodily fluids in rooms or apartments, as guests have been out the previous night drinking. This may be case here. Our cleaning staff ensure that all accommodation is spotless when they leave, and have used a special kit that is stocked, to clean and disinfect bodily fluids, before the next guest arrives. These kits do not come cheap, and, once again it is not just the replacement of items, but the labour that goes with it. An extra hour was spent on the apartment, in which we have to pay our cleaners for.
In conclusion, if the guest had not caused any damage, there would not be any charges. We do expect usual wear and tear once guests leave, that is not always chargeable. Most guests inform us of any damages, but we were not informed of broken display boards, walls and thermostats, piles of sick, and used condoms upon this guests departure. If we want to keep a good reputation, these damages must be fixed and problems resolved before a new guest arrives.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2010

we stayed at 76 Albion st for one night thank god it wasnt longer. the accomodation was clean and well furnished. all self catering facilities faultless. The accomodation smelt damp and indeed the bedding was damp. This accomodation is best left to the out of town worker looking for somewhere cheap to stay. I cant knock it you get what you pay for

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cheltenham hotels

Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Arrived for a night out with friends in Cheltenham. On arrival I was told they were really busy and I had been upgraded to an apartment. The apartment was 200 yards up the road in a victorian house. It had kitchen, lounge, bedroom bathroom (If i wanted a flat I would have booked one.) Two small single beds, a large double was expected. Damp stained ceilings, venetian blinds in the windows. The property was so poor I didn't stop the night. Stayed sober and drove home. If this was an upgrade I dread to think what my original hotel room was going to be like.
Don't go there!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank maginvest
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We had a weekend trip with my wife and her cousin to Cotswold last weekend. I was truly surprised by the amazing apartment for the cost we paid! It was truly value for money. We only stopped over in Cheltenham, and didnt have a chance to go into the city, so probably not the best person to comment on the location. But the finishing within the apartment was fantastic. It was certainly fully equipped. My cousins-in-law and wife cant stop being amazed with the place. Moreover, the checkin and checkout was simple. They send you a code once you have booked, and it opens the main door and the key lock. No fuss!

The only drawback of the place was that it did not have any air conditioning, or at least we couldnt find it. And we were there on a very hot night. Nevertheless, the bed was very comfortable, and we slept like a baby the moment we lie on the bed.

I will certainly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the area of Cheltenham.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple