“Long stay was very nice”
Review of Bliss Apartments

and 1 more site!
Bliss Apartments
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had the opportunity for a long stay (7 weeks) in a Bliss apartment in Cheltenham this spring for a rather long business trip. The rooms were selected by my corporation, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. My flat was roomy and comfortable, including the bed. I had three rooms (bedroom, bathroom and kitchen living room).The kitchen was spacious (by UK standards) and came equipped with everything I needed for a multi-week stay. The flat was cleaned and bed linens changed weekly. The internet service was free and good. It took we a about week to get the temperature set well in all three rooms (there are multiple radiators, in varying places). The staff was pleasant and accommodating. After a long trip from the US, I had some difficulty figuring out the passcodes and was quickly and efficiently helped. I asked for an additional top sheet and had one ever week of my stay. I also asked for additional towels when my wife came to visit. The bed was big, a bit low to the ground, but comfortable. The pillows were way too soft, but I have a strong preference. I was a little disappointed that I had to buy my own paper products, as this seemed like it should be included. But this was a minor issue. The flat came with a clothes washer/dryer (combo). OK, finding the correct settings and getting my clothes clean and dry after every wash was a little hit-and-miss, but I worked it out. I ended up doing laundry just about every day while I was at work. Fortunately, the flat came with a drying rack too. I would definitely use Bliss again.

Room Tip: Make sure you know the orientation of your room. Some of the rooms face to teh street and can be lou...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 November 2013

So Bliss apartments are located in the ideal location for exploring Cheltenham and socialising in Montpellier, located at the rear of the Eagle Tower the apartments are only 5 minutes walk from the montpellier shops and bars and a maximum 10 minutes walk in to the centre of town. The apartments are modern and functional and are what they should be, HOWEVER if you ever wondered what a Tesco value 3 tog duvet and pillow set was like dont come here the duvet and pillows are worse, I would guess at 99p for a duvet and pillow, come on bliss invest in some descent bedding this stuff is beyond bad

Room Tip: Ask for a high apartment, some of the groung floor apartments are below ground level and have no win...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We found biscuits under the bed in the one bedroom. Generally tidy though the property looks tired.
Rooms were small and an extra bed which we asked to be out in the bedroom was made up in the lounge.
Not suitable for young children.
2nd floor apartment with no safety bars or locks on the windows.
Expensive we paid £159 for one night. with having to pay £20 for a camp bed, and for parking, yet a space comes with the apartment. Automatic gates were temperamental and took an age to open.
Nice location though, convenient for the town.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we stayed here in may 2013 for 1 night ,4 of us (2 couples),easy to find and access into property was easy ,simple to book ,lovely spacious apartment with balcony ,we enjoyed our stay here ,quick walk to town ,we went moo moo clubrooms which we enjoyed ,we stayed in number 5 and didnt really have enough comfy seating for 4 ,was tub chair and 2 seater ,which were hard ,we have stayed in this building 3 times before and were spoiled with 2 seater recliner and 3 seater recliner and they were very comfy ,this was the millenium apartment on higher floor ,i would reccomend these apartments as they are a bargain and better than a hotel ,we enjoyed our stay and i would go back again .

Room Tip: would go for higher floor to avoid traffic noise .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed in the Bliss Lanyon apartments on Montpellier Terrace for one night in November 2012 for a 30th birthday party in Cheltenham. We were a group of four adults (2 couples) and paid just £125 for the one night. Check in was very straightforward and the instructions sent to us by Bliss were spot on. The apartments are about a five minute walk into the centre of Montpellier and then another five minutes or so into the town centre. The location is fantastic for the price. We had a two bedroom apartment which was clean and tidy, there was a slight stale smell when we first arrived but this soon dissapeared upon opening some windows. The apartment was clean and good value for what we needed, it;s not luxurious and the living room furniture wasn;t the most comfortable but as a base we couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I was in cheltenham for one week business trip and stayed in bliss apartments on hewellet road. It was an excellent self serviced apartment. it also had a unique advantage of being located near city centre. I recommend this place if you are planning to visit cheltenham

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Bliss Apartments are situated on Montpellier Terrace Cheltenham. An excellent serviced self catering apartment in a block of 8, superbly located for local ammenities. Plenty of shops nearby if you want to cook for yourself or a plethora of restaurants and other establishments should you choose to eat out, Blanc, Armagnac and Gianni's to name but 3.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business