“Nice and cosy”

Ranked #25 of 70 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice and cosy”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The owner is really nice and helpful. I also like how clean and cosy the room is, all well decorated, simple yet elegant! Let's not forget the delicious Spanish breakfast he made, I must say I absolutely enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The owner was very friendly and helpful. They let me drop my bags off before check-in time and they served me breakfast just after check-out, which I really appreciated. The full-English breakfast was delicious and there was the option of a Spanish breakfast instead if I wanted it. The room and bed were comfortable and I slept straight through. Location was good - about a 10 minute walk to the main high street. This B&B also seems to offer very good value when compared to the prices of other B&Bs in Cheltenham. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Really nice, big, bright,airy room. Fantastic breakfast (specially cooked for my strange semi-vegan diet). The proprietor was very amenable, and allowed me to hang out in the dining room way past check out time)

Room Tip: Ask for room with double bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had a last minute meeting in Cheltenham so had to book a room quickly. Decided to go with this as the price was one of the cheapest available on Booking.com. As I was a lone traveler just staying the night I didn't expect a lot to be honest and I didn't mind, as long as the place was reasonably clean.
However I was pleased with the host (Andres), who was very friendly and helpful. As there wasn't any free parking available (only pay-meter on the main road) he offered to pay for it, even taking my car keys the night before to buy the ticket for the early morning so not to disturb.
The breakfast was very well done (continental) and the house was very tidy and spacious. If I had any minor criticism it would be that the bed mattress was ever so slightly uncomfortable, but for the price I paid (£40 for Friday night) it was still a bargain. En suite was nice and clean. Definitely recommend it if you're on a budget and need a quality place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We loved the big, comfortable bed, the large room and the pleasant en-suite; we had a wonderful nights' sleep for the weekend that we were there.

However, there were issues: there is nowhere to park if you arrive by car and, if you have a disability, it is difficult to get up and down the porch steps and impossible to get to the basement dining room (or even the basement bedroom if that is what you are allocated).

On entering our room the first thing we had to do was switch off all of the heating and open the window because our room was roasting and the air was too dry.

On struggling down to the basement dining room with the help of my husband on both mornings we were brought coffee instead of our requested tea and the landlady even forgot that she'd taken out breakfast order! When our breakfast finally arrived it was greasy and largely undercooked, including half-raw fried eggs.

We spend several weekends a year in Cheltenham due to family committments, but would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a disability this is not the guest house for you, unless they offer free room service th...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

super friendly host,all very clean comfortable bed, central location. Cheltenham is jut in the heart of an amazing area. You really feel at home, my breakfast was waiting for me at the requested time, TV on, nice food, the perfect "good morning". the room was very clean and cosy, bathroom facilities very clean and at hand. You really feel at home. Definitely better than an hotel experience. Great value for money!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Unbelievably good value in central location & owners genuinely friendly. Everything's clean & well-appointed, food good. I asked for breakfast at 8:30, slept through to 10:30 & they still served it up. It's way better than staying in just about any hotel & a fraction of the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo