“Good Lunch”
Review of Red Pepper - CLOSED

Red Pepper
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Excellent family run Bistro and Delicatessen shop. Nothing is too much trouble. We tried the mid-week steak and wine promotion - expecations were over eceeded. Chef / owner Richard cooked all to our taste. can only recommend it. Atmosphere not so romantic, but relaxed and functional- bistro style
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I had lunch here after spending an hour in the pouring rain. The atmosphere is relaxed, there is a good mix of seating, a choice of comfort seating or traditional tables and chairs. As we were having lunch we opted for the tables and chairs. As I was soaked I decided to have the soup to warm up, I greatly enjoyed the parsnip and coriander soup which was a very generous helping, enough to fill me up. My wife had a panini which came with a reasonable sized side fresh salad and some crisps.

The food was tasty, fresh, came nice and hot, was good value and the staff were courteous and friendly.

My only slight complaint was that they were not very busy, there were about 5 or 6 occupied tables, but our food seemed to take quite a long time. probably about 15 to 20 minutes, by the way the staff appeared to be running around the assumption was that they were understaffed, I am not sure how they would coped if they had got busy.

1  Thank WiseTreeOwl

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place for there steak night! 1 bottle of wine 2 steaks and 2 chips for £25 and there chocolate brownie is the best your ever taste! This is only £4.99 this deal is for a Wednesday only but worth a visit.

2  Thank Ellie H
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We had a 2 & 3 course early-bird meal. It was just perfect and very attractively served by 2 young attentive waitresses.
We hope to make this a regular destination, when in Cheltenham.

2  Thank Wyn P
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My daughter and I used a voucher for brunch with Prosecco. There was no problem when my daughter asked for juice, instead of Prosecco. The young staff were very friendly and obliging.

The full English breakfast meal was freshly cooked to order, copious, varied and came piping hot. In fact, it was so generous that we struggled to eat everything on the plates.

I have also had lunch twice in Red Pepper and was pleased with the food both times. I highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank Soniaandhenry
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A friend & I went this morning for brunch. My goodness, I can't believe that I have never discovered this little gem before. The food was so delicious, the sausages were of a very nice quality, slightly herby not your mass produced typical breakfast sausage, if you know what I mean. We also had a lovely glass of bubbly & some fresh orange juice to accompany our brunch. Even though we managed to book this through a deal on amazon local in my opinion no scrimping was made on the quantity or quality. I'm supposed to be going to a BBQ later.. I don't know if I can fit any more in!
Must also mention the proprietor, Richard, a very friendly welcoming guy & the young lady who served us. I was shocked to discover she was only 16. Her customer service by far out did a lot of people twice her age.
Will most definitely be back.
A pure treat. Highly recommended.

2  Thank J H