“The best in Cheltenham”
Review of Beaumont House

Beaumont House
Ranked #2 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just finished a 9 day stay at the Beaumont and completely enjoyed my stay. The owners and the staff were wonderful and bent over backwards to assist me. Even during one of the busier weekends of the year for the hotel, the place remained relatively quiet, peaceful and well organized.

Coming from North America for my first visit to the UK several years ago, the room sizes it took some getting used to. For those who have never been to the UK, a single room is a single room. Expect a single bed and a shower. A double room is a double room, not a mansion ;-) It is not the same as the big chains in Canada or the States. I have come to appreciate this. The rooms at Beaumont house are cozy and comfortable. I personally treated the conservatory and the front living area as the rest of my room. The conservatory is a wonderful add-on to the back of the house with a coffee/expresso/latte machine. A small library of book which they encourage you to take home if you don't finish and huge overstuffed chairs and couch for relaxing in. A wonderful spot to read and breath the fresh air. At night when it's raining it's a wonderful place to sit to listen to the rain.

The full english breakfast each morning was superb. I can attest as I'll be starting my diet when I arrive back home ;-) A full spread of fruits, cereals, juices and hot mini-croissant awaited me each morning. Follow all that up with eggs any way you wish, lovely english sausage and bacon to die for. They also have smoked salmon and haddock. Coffee was served within seconds of my sitting. During one early morning I was leaving before breakfast and they graciously provided me with cereals, fruits and a thermos of milk the night before so I could have a bite before leaving. Now that is service you WILL NOT get in hotel!

Each morning the staff booked me a taxi and when I'd try to sneak in at night after supper they'd beat me to the door to open it for me. ;-)

As some folks mentioned, it is a few minutes walk to the closest restaurants and pubs but the taxi's were very reasonable and the streets of Cheltenham are lovely to walk in the evenings.

This trip was for business, my next will be for pleasure and I'll be bringing my girlfriend so she can be spoiled the way I have the past 2 weeks. Beaumont House has my business!

I write this while sitting in a small single room in London, wishing I was back at the Beaumont ... lol

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I have been staying at The Beaumont on business for about three months. It really is a fantastic building, with great rooms, excellent car parking and first class personal service. It is situated very close a good selection of places to eat and drink although you can order really good food in your room. It is also walking distance to Cheltenham town centre.

Calling The Beaumont a B&B really does understate the level of quality of both rooms, food and service. The breakfasts are cooked to order and again are first class.

I would highly recommend for business or leisure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Our recent stay here on the weekend was notable for the attention to small details in the service and the hotel itself. The lounge and conservatory are lovely; the tea service and honor bar in the room helpful and very reasonable. We had a twin room on the top floor; slept like a stone and loved the luxurious en-suite bath. The owners are very helpful as was Helen. If heading to Cheltenham I would strongly recommend Beaumont House!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Helpful and lovely staff, we were greeted by the courteous owners as well.
We had a modern and well equipped double bedroom on the first floor with pretty view on the country side, I had ordered champagne upon arrival and it perfectly set up the scene for all our stay. Chocolate in the room was real black and tasteful, we enjoyed breakfast too.
Really a lovely address.
As it seems to be a little bit of traffic on the road in front of the house, I would recommend the rooms on the country side like ours which were definitely quiet.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Usually a slave to the corporate hotels I took a chance and booked this boutique hotel the night before. I booked a luxury room, themed Out of Africa.

On arrival I was greeted by the owner who was very courteous, helpful and welcoming. I couldn't help but sit down and enjoy a glass of wine in the beautiful lounge in front of a fire before going up to my room for the night.

My room was quirky, luxurious and extremely comfortable. Room service was wonderful infact I was suprised how high a standard the food was. Delicious. I appreciated the little extras my room provided such as robe, chocolates and fruit. Spa bath was indulgent and the whole feel of the room was of a high standard. Plenty of lighting too which as a woman is very welcome.

Breakfast was excellent, quick service and the staff were so polite and helpful. Can't wait to return and try the Asian room!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at Beaumont House three years ago (before I started writing reviews) and enjoyed the experience so much that we vowed to return. Previously we had stayed in a room on an upper floor and everything was first class and I would have given a five star report. This time, however, we were allocated a room on the lower ground floor and it was not so good. The room was slightly too small and the en-suite shower room was miniscule. There was no view from the window, just a screen of shrubs about three feet from the window.

Everything else was just as good as before - the staff are great, the breakfast excellent.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are roomier
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We found ourselves with an unexpected couple of child- free days, so decided to book tickets to the (recently refurbished) Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham (also recommended). I made a fairly late 2- night booking at Beaumont House. I am pretty fussy as I want it to be a treat, not just somewhere to stay! I would say that Beaumont House goes the extra mile to make sure that you are looked after and have a pleasurable stay; Everything was perfect in a discreet, non- showy way and we thoroughly enjoyed our mini break.

Room Tip: We were given a free upgrade without asking, this was greatly appreciated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
Queens Hotel Cheltenham - MGallery by Sofitel
The Bradley
The Bradley
#4 of 69 in Cheltenham

Been to Beaumont House? Share your experiences!