“Fabulous”
Review of Beaumont House

Beaumont House
Ranked #3 of 69 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October for our two yr anniversary, we had initially booked the Belfry in Oxford, and it was so shocking we left, we were left with no where to stay for a romantic weekend, I looked on booking.com and the Beaumont looked good, it was so last minute we didn't know if they would have availability, we booked one of the India themed rooms and although we were going to be arriving in 45minutes, the staff were helpful and said they would have the room ready. We arrived and after the shambles of the Belfry this place was beautiful, the room were immaculate and the decor was amazing. The staff were really helpful and the lounge area was really nice. The breakfast the next day was great. If we are in Cheltenham again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAX74

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here for a night away in February. After a wonderfully warm welcome we were shown to our room. The room was well equipped and beautifully decorated. We were informed of the award winning breakfast times and complimentary cheese and wine evening that night too. The facilities were excellent, breakfast divine, and staff very considerate and attentive. We will not hestitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had a lovely stay at this boutique hotel.
Very clean facilities and very helpful staff. Fantastic breakfast. Will definitely recommend and always stay here when visiting Cheltenham . Thanks again to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Marie S
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed overnight for business at the Beaumont and was very impressed. It is so good to stay somewhere in which the rooms are each individual. Although small, the room was very cosy and comfortable. The bathroom was fab and although I didn't need one I felt compelled to have a bath.There are nice little indiviidual touches in the room (e.g. complimentary fresh milk in the fridge) and a good supply of red or white wine, beer and juice for the weary traveller.I arrived too late for room service but the chef made me up a meal anyway and was very kind and helpful. The
choice at breakfast was excellent (I had American pancakes with crispy bacon) and freshly cooked. I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly stay there again when next in Cheltenham.

Room Tip: They offer single rooms as well as double.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank browneyedgirlSlough
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently stayed at Beaumont House over the New Year and were very impressed with the standard of the rooms, the quality of the bed linen, the really thick and fluffy towels in the bathroom and the outstanding customer care that we were afforded. Nothing was too much trouble for them, whether ordering a taxi or organising an evening meal on New Years day at a local restaurant. The breakfast was superb, plenty of fruit and cereals, toast and jams, and the cooked breakfast was excellent.
The location is also pretty good being only a 15-20 minute walk to the Montpelier district full of shops and restaurants.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

After travelling for a day, I was very disappointed to find my booking had been cancelled without any effort by booking.com to contact me on my registered telephone number (and it's not the first time).

I contacted the hotel immediately (it was on the day of the booking), and received immediate response on email and via telephone to explain that they would be able to organise a room, and would honour the original booking cost despite the hotel being at high occupancy levels.

upon arrival, I was surprised to see the hotel was relatively small (approx 20 rooms), yet able to maintain a 5* award. However, once I had checked in, I realised why very quickly: The staff couldn't do enough for you, the rooms were well equipped, the prices of all items were very reasonable, coffee and biscuits freely available in the conservatory at any time, a beautiful open-fire lounge with a trust bar, which was very well stocked, and again very good value.

The room was excellent, with latest high quality inventory, including an excellent state of the art spa bath with large flat screen television.

The breakfast was excellent with all carefully selected ingredients - fantastic.

Almost everything you need is available, with good onsite parking. However, do not expect a gym, swimming pool, etc.

For a small boutique hotel, this is one of the best I've visited.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5 which was perfect for a couple.
1  Thank Ruskeemo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently stayed at Beaumont House on a Sunday evening and found the staff to be very attentive and the hotel itself was lovely. The room was a good size (I stayed in a standard room) although the sloping ceilings made the bathroom a little cramped for me (I am 6 foot). The location was convenient - Cheltenham was a 15 minute walk away and breakfast was very tasty with a good selection.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay close to Cheltenham.