Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family, wife, son and daughter stayed for two nights per Christmas shopping in Cheltenham. the Queens is perfectly placed at the top of the Promenade and with its wonderful aspect and close proximity to the shops cannot be bettered.

Don't expect slick service or state of the art rooms - it isn't that sort of building but it does offer goos value and very elegant surroundings. like all the hotels that form part of a large chain the bar prices are steep but eating out is so easy and convenient it shouldn't pose a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side next to Montpellier do have traffic noise at night
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham.

Kind regards, Peter Watt
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel looks impressive from the outside. Staff were friendly and helpful, we even got a free breakfast as on the desk when we arrived we were told breakfast was included, although I wasn't sure I had booked it. The price paid was about half their advertised rate, I'm not sure the hotel would have got such a high rating had I paid that rate. Rooms were a little tired in places, but everything else was fine. Breakfast selection was good and even had a special orders menu. Car park charges overnight at £10 I thought was a bit steep. Hotel is very close to a number of restaurants and bars and only a short walk to the main shopping area in Cheltenham.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham. I am pleased to say the hotel is due for refurbishment including public areas and bedrooms and I expect the programme date to commence in 2014.

Peter Watt
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As a resident of Cheltenham I have always seen the Queens as a major land mark and one of stately importance. Apart from the mad year when they took it upon themselves to use multicoloured lights (horrific) I haven't seen such a poor attempt at arranging the lights since, well then really. Driving up the promenade tonight it looked as though they had simply been hurled at the trees adorning the front ledge without much thought. I know it sounds silly but it did annoy me, if you're going to do it, do it properly with symmetrical lines. This building deserves that at least. It really is little touches like this that make all the difference. Thank you and rant over. Merry Christmas.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked to take my Mother and sister for a treat as it was Mums 80th birthday on the 7th December. We were very pleased to be shown to a lovely table by the front window. My sister and I went to use the ladies and on our return were disappointed to find the waitress had moved Mum to another very small table by the conservatory. I asked the waitress why she had moved us and we were told the other table had been booked. When the waitress brought the afternoon tea to the table it was a balancing act just to get the plates, cups saucers teapots etc. on the table let alone eat!!,
Two guest opened the conservatory door whilst standing outside smoking and we had to sit there with the December wind whipping around our legs, and at the same time our afternoon treat was spoilt by staff rearranging tables and chairs in the conservatory for a party that evening!! But I do have to say the food and service were lovely. On leaving our lovely table by the window was still sadly unoccupied!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your afternoon tea, however I do apologise that your table was not suitable for the occassion and I have spoken to the manager on duty asking for a full explantion.

Despite the experience you encountered, it is our prime objective to serve all our customers to the best of our ability and to provide unrivalled value in the quality of our services and standards. We value your custom and I hope most sincerely that despite this setback, you will feel able to continue to visit us in the future.

Peter Watt
LANCASTER
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Food was nice and plentiful, service was slow and inconsistent at breakfast, my room was overly hot even in December, my shower was barely a trickle, decor was lovely, front of house staff were efficient. Just average.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review . The standard of service you received at breakfast is not indicative of our usual high performance and I apologise that on this occasion we have let you, as well as ourselves down.

The issues you encountered in the room have been addressed and we hope to welcome you back again in the future when I am confident you will have a pleasant stay.

Carol