“Ticked all the boxes...”

Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Needed 3 rooms for an extended family stay and we had been here before. We had the same upgraded room at the front on the top floor which was excellent and generally quiet. Others in our party complained that lower side rooms were near a busy road and kept them awake so you might want to check on this. Didn't have dinner but a very comprehensive self serve breakfast was good and without reserving it beforehand they managed to pull together adjoining tables for the 8 of us. It remains a good hotel to stay at overall and is in a great location.

Stayed: August 2014
Mark P, General Manager at Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham and I hope to see you on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection

Reviewed 2 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great grand hotel in the centre of this beautiful city.

Historically charming with an air of regality this hotel would grace all.
Stayed here a couple of times during the Gloucester Motor Show this year and 2013 and last christmas and all stays have been excellent.

Staff are courteous and the rooms are clean and to a good standard for the age of the hotel.

Could do with a bit of an overhaul to bring my review up to a 5 star, but WOULD definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank H2499MNmarkh

Dear Guest,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham.

I am pleased to say the hotel is due for refurbishment including public areas and bedrooms and the programme date is due to commence early 2015.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to try the Queens hotel restaurant. The hotel looks wonderful and so we thought we would give it go.

I can only describe the food as awful. I had a gourmet burger which was staggeringly disgusting.

The roll around the burger was cheap nasty bread. The burger meat was just poor quality. My chips were under cooked.

Very limited menue. We had hoped for a proper a la carte menu.

To be fair, my parents had fish which did look good. The waitress was very good and helpful. She did the best she could with what they had. My advice would be to go to Petet blanc next door.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vagabond1965

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your lunch at Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and would like to confirm that the meat used in our burgers are sourced from a very reputable supplier and the baps used are brioche. We generally receive very positive feedback regarding our burgers and once again I apologise for your disappointment.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Looking forward to this stay for ages. Was promised "my supervisor will respond to your complaints" but 3 days later still not heard a sausage. To precis:
no air-con first night;
poor breakfast and then incorrect/incomplete orders brought out, with surly service 2 mornings running;
room left open by housekeeping- fortunately nothing stolen;
room service drinks brought unopened, then told I wasn't 'allowed' a bottle opener;
room that had air con was very shabby with tiny bathroom;
tea tray not replenished;
bar ran out of each beer my husband was drinking, then staff started moving furniture all around us;
sandwiches served with an espresso cup of soup????
Restaurant manager could see I was unhappy and avoided eye contact- left it to waitress with little English to deal with.
Reception often did not answer telephone. When they did were unable to understand me mostly.
Really disappointed, as other Mercure hotels we have stayed in have been fab. This one was reminiscent of Fawlty Towers!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 88Lindsay88
Mark P, General Manager at Queens Hotel Cheltenham MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologise for the delay in responding to you, my collegue will contact you direct this week.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overnight stop while driving through Cotswolds, didn't have a booking but was accommodated no problems. Very helpful staff, rooms spacious, beds very comfortable and room quiet...exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Cheltenham is a quaint town with lovely parks and a good shopping centre. This hotel is great. Daniel made our evening and entertained Gilly for us :-)
Make sure you check out Gloucester quays. Restaurant good with great food at good prices. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Mercure Queens Hotel in Cheltenham. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,